2005 Jinma 284 won't start!

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start!
Frustrating watching this from afar when it should be pretty easy (once you've done it).

1. Key is not engaging the starter.
2. When starter runs (by passed with screw driver), it doesn't engage the bendix and crank the engine.

Could be a couple of issues together, or, any chance you have positive and negative reversed? Would spin starter backwards and not engage?

Best,

ed
I've checked and rechecked it. If anyone knows a tractor mechanic 50 miles North of Seattle, PLEASE let me know? 🤞
Thanks so much for your suggestions!

In a Jinma, if one of the hydraulic hoses is disconnected it creates enough back pressure against the hydraulic pump that the starter motor can't turn the engine over. Check and make sure that your hydraulic hoses are connected.

Make sure the fuel is cut off. You should be able to turn the engine over rather easily with a 27mm socket on the crackshaft. Think the amount of effort it takes to pull-start a lawnmower. If you can't, something is jamming the engine. If you can, something is wrong with the starter motor or the electrical supply to it.
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll try that today. I'm at my waits end on this.

The screwdriver needs to arc from the terminal that the battery cable is attached to on the starter to the small terminal on the starter. If you arc between the 2 large terminals, the starter will spin but the solenoid will not throw the starter drive out to the flywheel to engage it.
Ok. I'll keep checking this and trying your suggestions. Thanks so much!

I've checked and rechecked it. If anyone knows a tractor mechanic 50 miles North of Seattle, PLEASE let me know? 🤞
Thanks so much for your suggestions!
PS. The cables are connected red to red and blue to black which is how Les Schwab connected the battery.

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #35  
Any progress??

Nothing. Key still goes "click" and won't turn over.

It now sounds like the starter bendix is not kicking in to turn your engine over. My first though was the battery. Now you say that is good. I had problems with my starter also. I took it out of the tractor and put it in the vice. I then powered it up with the battery in the vice. That will prove that the starter is good or not. My next guess is you have a bad ground on the starter. Did you clean the area where the starter bolts in ? I hope in your case the engine is not stuck and the starter will not turn it over. I would do a current test on the starter circuit when you turn the key over. That will tell a big story. The screw driver is just jumping the solenoid over. That only shows if you have a wiring issue.
New starter, battery, solenoid and ignition. I'm baffled.

If you get nothing jumping from the hot cable from the battery to the small terminal on the solenoid, then go back to your battery initially.
•Have it load tested!
•clean all connection points! Pay close attention to negative cable to frame ground
•check tightness of all battery cable connections not just battery terminal ends.
•use a jumper cable and jump from the negative battery terminal to the starter frame.
These are pretty much the order to follow unless you have done them since nothing with the jump of solenoid terminals
Did all that and still nothing 🤔

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #39  
Did all that and still nothing 🤔
Send me a ticket and buy a pizza and a twelve pack and we will get her going:) Sorry if I missed it, where are you located roughly?

Best,

ed

/ 2005 Jinma 284 won't start! #40  
What were the results of the load test on the battery? Voltage or amperage. What CCA on the battery?