Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
Good luck! :thumbsup:

OP
H

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
Well we got it back to the house. Pretty embarrassing having to be towed and/or winched out by a dang electric 4x4 glorified golf cart. My buddy got a great big chuckle (and a case of beer) out of the whole thing.

Next stop- buying a multimeter and following y'all's instructions. BTW, I ordered a 3000 lb Superwinch last night. Maybe I won't get stuck again before I get this thing fixed.

THanks for the help. I'll report the outcome.

Avondale

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 and Kioti NX6010
I had my winch installed at purchase but it is wired for both front and rear. It is a standard 2" receiver hitch that just un-pins from front receptor and then shifted to rear, plug in cables and you have a rear mounted winch. I have only been stuck twice with my Ranger, both times I used the rear mount to winch me out.

OP
H

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Final verdict is in....looks like the wires were chewed by some $!??***+! Rat. I didnt fix this myself. Took it to the local dealer where we purchased it. Service guy claims if it had chewed it off closer at the differential then I may have had a $1000.00 differential replacement! As it was, the wiring was protruding about 6" so there was enough to work with. Seems fishy that the diffential would need replacing if the wire was too short. Anyway, the repair was only around $30. Soooooo glad it was a cheap fix.

Thanks for the input. BTW, I did buy a multimeter so I might be ready for the next crisis.

SpudHauler

Gold Member
Tractor
RTV1100 2009
Mechanic would say that because the wires are probably epoxied into the hub with no way to remove without destroying the unit. Locking device probably not sold separately.

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Final verdict is in....looks like the wires were chewed by some $!??***+! Rat. I didnt fix this myself. Took it to the local dealer where we purchased it. Service guy claims if it had chewed it off closer at the differential then I may have had a $1000.00 differential replacement! As it was, the wiring was protruding about 6" so there was enough to work with. Seems fishy that the diffential would need replacing if the wire was too short. Anyway, the repair was only around $30. Soooooo glad it was a cheap fix.

Thanks for the input. BTW, I did buy a multimeter so I might be ready for the next crisis.

Guess it wasn't Polaris reliability problems after all!

Glad it was a cheap fix.

OP
H

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
I guess that explains the deal with the wires. Seems like a disposable type system to me though.

Last edited:

OP
H

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Boy am I glad it was a cheap repair too, Papaperk.