2012 Ford F-150 buying advice

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #51  
I have not seen one done like that with the stripe and black wheels. Different.

Chris

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice
Congrats on the new truck my man! Ford really stepped it up in the work truck market by offering luxuries never heard of before on a base model. My buddy has that exact truck you bought and his came with everything you said PLUS cruise control and a CD player and I think Sirius radio but not sure. It's by far the nicest work truck be ever been in. His will move out with the 5.0 too! As for your deal, you got a very good price I think. You and I have the same payment, same interest rate, and the same loan term.haha

I have the CD Player, cruise control and some other buttons that I haven't figured out yet.

With 1,000 miles on it, my milage has climbed from 12.5 to 16.4. I'm hoping it still improves because I'm still a long ways from what it's advertised. I drive pretty easy, take of slow and cruise at the speed limit. My bed is usually empty most of the time, so it's not a weight issue.

Eddie

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #53  
I believe Ford calls it the "Appearance Package." I thought it might be fun to drive for the next 36 months. And man, the new technology on these trucks is pretty amazing. My 2010 Lariat was a V8 with 9500 towing capacity. I was definitely hesitant on a "V6." The dealer also told me the towing capacity on this "V6" was 11200. I sat there scratching my head for a few minutes until he said, "Just drive it!". He was right! I was sold. The Ecoboost is incredible. Much more agile and quick then my old Lariat. This one has appox. 365 horsepower and more torque then then my V8.

What's also very cool is the "truck apps." This vehicle actually has a rear differential lock and shows your pitch when off road.

image-2374641179.jpg

I also like the stock trailer brake controller and towing programs. You can customize a program to each trailer you own for the best towing performance.

Ford's navigation system and Sync system is also very enjoyable. If you guys would like to see some more pics, I'd be happy to post them.

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #54  
I have the CD Player, cruise control and some other buttons that I haven't figured out yet.

With 1,000 miles on it, my milage has climbed from 12.5 to 16.4. I'm hoping it still improves because I'm still a long ways from what it's advertised. I drive pretty easy, take of slow and cruise at the speed limit. My bed is usually empty most of the time, so it's not a weight issue.

Eddie
itll go up a bit more. my newest car went from 14mpg to 19.4 mpg after 3000 miles. i dont anticpate much more though but we will see. the 2011 cummin started off at 12 mpg and pretty much topped off at 17 mpg after 20k miles. thanks to the giant soot scrubber inline with the exhaust hahah

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #55  
I believe Ford calls it the "Appearance Package." I thought it might be fun to drive for the next 36 months. And man, the new technology on these trucks is pretty amazing. My 2010 Lariat was a V8 with 9500 towing capacity. I was definitely hesitant on a "V6." The dealer also told me the towing capacity on this "V6" was 11200. I sat there scratching my head for a few minutes until he said, "Just drive it!". He was right! I was sold. The Ecoboost is incredible. Much more agile and quick then my old Lariat. This one has appox. 365 horsepower and more torque then then my V8.

What's also very cool is the "truck apps." This vehicle actually has a rear differential lock and shows your pitch when off road.

View attachment 284849

I also like the stock trailer brake controller and towing programs. You can customize a program to each trailer you own for the best towing performance.

Ford's navigation system and Sync system is also very enjoyable. If you guys would like to see some more pics, I'd be happy to post them.

when first hearing about the ecoboost i thought to myself what a bunch of crap. been hearing that they are holding their own with torque

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #56  
everyone learn how to use the sync system yet??

Sure is nice with my iphone, bluetooth connected to listen to music and use the phone.

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #57  
Any new thoughts on your new truck after a month of driving Eddie?

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #58  
everyone learn how to use the sync system yet??

Sure is nice with my iphone, bluetooth connected to listen to music and use the phone.

Your avatar looks like we have pretty similar trucks. Mine is also dark blue pearl metallic with silver along the bottom.
I'm on my umpteenth F150 and second second one with Sync. Pretty handy for hands free phone operation and voice activated functions. Nice to have the options of a USB port for the iPod as well as Sirius and CD.
I just got a new dump trailer the other day so I'm still experimenting with putting in a name for it along with the other couple of trailers that I have. I just discovered yesterday that that was a feature in the apps.
Just bought a stainless bull bar that I'm going to install on the front today. Just a little extra protection against a potential deer hit. It's the time of the year where they're moving in this area.

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice
Any new thoughts on your new truck after a month of driving Eddie?

My milage is still increasing. I just broke 2,000 miles and it's saying I'm averaging 17 mpg. I filled up yesterday and wrote down the milage, so the next time I fill up, I'm going to do the math to see how close the numbers are.

I'm just amazed at all the power I have. Going from the old truck to this new one is like night and day. The smooth,never ending amount of power at any speed just amazes me.

Being that it has an 8 foot bed and the super cab, making U turns is a challenge. I need at least three lanes on the other side to make the turn without having to stop and back up. Parking is also a bit of a challenge. I usualy park in the contractors areas and out a bit, so that's not a big change for me, but two nights ago and Texas Road House, I had to really work at getting into a parking space. It is what it is and for the amount of room I have, it's well worth it.

No complaints, just amazement at how nice this truck is.

Eddie

/ 2012 Ford F-150 buying advice #60  
Glad you like.

Chris