2015 Yukon XL

/ 2015 Yukon XL #51  
If you know someone with a Consumer Reports subscription, that might be your best source for information.
Thousands of inputs on all sorts of vehicles!
I have a subscription and would be happy to share any info.

The short version is avoid the Yukon. Also avoid the 2015 Sequoia, but go for a year older or newer.

Last edited:
   / 2015 Yukon XL #52  
I have a subscription and would be happy to share any info.

The short version is avoid the Yukon. Also avoid the 2015 Sequoia, but go for a year older or newer.
:rolleyes: Consumers reports rag mag is far from what it used to be.Short answer I would not read it.:poop:

Last edited:
   / 2015 Yukon XL #53  
:rolleyes: Consumers reports rag mag is far from what it used to be.Short answer I would not read it.:poop:
True, but you can still sift through the data to find what is important to you. For me, it is reliability. Overall ratings are too skewed toward green info. I have yet to make a bad choice when following that advice on reliability, I just ignore the political skew. My parents had every issue saved from 1964 into the mid 80s.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #54  
just about bullet proof, but if there is a problem, generally cheap and easy to fix in your driveway. example: a wheel bearing can be done in an hour and costs about 100 bucks. probably less if its not your first ti
I hate unit bearings.

/ 2015 Yukon XL
I hate unit bearings.

I am mainly a GM guy, simply because parts seem to be cheaper and they are pretty easy to work on. I currently drive a 15 F150 with the 2.7eb. Been a great truck, oil changes are a bit of a chore but not bad. I also owned a 2018 Ram with the Cummins-hell of a machine. When our towing needs reduced greatly, I sold it. I refuse to ride around in a truck like that if not using it for it’s intended purpose. I have made a couple simple repairs to the Yukon, saving my family hundreds of dollars-replaced rear gate struts (15 min) and repaired the middle DVD player (flipped the 40 pin ribbon-30 minutes). I also do the basic maintenance myself. I simply don’t trust the shops to do it satisfactorily.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #56  
After having a 3rd child and with needed space with 3 kids and farm/horse activities, we have decided to trade our 15 Armada for a 15 Yukon XL. It is a SLT with the 5.3. It has 85k miles. Great shape. Wife puts 8-10k miles a year on a vehicle. Last GM product we owned was a 2011 Silverado with the same motor. Can you guys provide pros and cons, especially mechanical, on the Yukon? As always, thanks in advance.
It's not the same engine, just the same displacement. The 5.3 in that Yukon is direct injected, excellent smooth runner with loads of torque.

check it over, and buy with confidence.

/ 2015 Yukon XL #57  

I agree - the paper version magazine is just about useless nowadays in my opinion and no way will I renew subscription.
Been a subscriber for a long but it's really not worth opening the paper mag. anymore!

Online version is more useful but obviously loaded with the same green BS.

My 2 cents...

:sick: :eek:

/ 2015 Yukon XL #58  
I am mainly a GM guy, simply because parts seem to be cheaper and they are pretty easy to work on. I currently drive a 15 F150 with the 2.7eb. Been a great truck, oil changes are a bit of a chore but not bad. I also owned a 2018 Ram with the Cummins-hell of a machine. When our towing needs reduced greatly, I sold it. I refuse to ride around in a truck like that if not using it for it’s intended purpose. I have made a couple simple repairs to the Yukon, saving my family hundreds of dollars-replaced rear gate struts (15 min) and repaired the middle DVD player (flipped the 40 pin ribbon-30 minutes). I also do the basic maintenance myself. I simply don’t trust the shops to do it satisfactorily.
They all have unit bearings.

/ 2015 Yukon XL
They all have unit bearings.

Agreed-I do like the ability to grease bearings. That being said, I have seen where unit bearings last longer, but you end up replacing the whole assembly at a higher cost. Kind of a wash I guess 🤷‍♂️

/ 2015 Yukon XL #60  
Agreed-I do like the ability to grease bearings. That being said, I have seen where unit bearings last longer, but you end up replacing the whole assembly at a higher cost. Kind of a wash I guess 🤷‍♂️
I've been places where it was 1000 miles to town either way. I won't go in a unit bearing ride.