2016 Nissan Titan

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #2  
Well, good thing the Ram I ordered hasn't come in yet. I will definitely be interested in looking at that Titan XD Pro-4x with the Cummins, a King Cab and the longest bed they offer!

Kyle

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #3  
Nice to see an all-new truck from Nissan -- that old model was very stale and I never knew why they let it languish so long (I know at one point, Chrysler was going to build the next Nissan truck and that fell through when the automakers had a shakeup). Interesting that Ford and now Nissan have a very similar tailgate design to the recent Toyota refresh. Must be the new look.

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #4  
Well, it immediately passed the ascetics test for me inside and out. That is a nice looking truck. It also seems to have quite a few features available. Now I guess we can wait for pricing.

/ 2016 Nissan Titan
I'm actually disappointed in the tow rating. 12K is just not enough for me. I was banking on it having a 14K rating as rumored but no such luck.

Really sad about this. I loved my 08 Titan but most gas trucks can nearly tow what the new Titan is rated at. To me they really missed the mark at only 12K. The is pushing the envelope for almost all 5Th wheel campers and GN stuff. 14K would have had it right in that sweet spot between the best gas 1/2 tons and the diesel 3/4 tons.

Chris

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #6  
I don't see where"any" diesel car or truck makes any sense unless it's at least a one ton truck with a big job to do.
Gas right now is $2.69 gal.,diesel is $3.69 ;you would have to drive 150,000 miles just to break even on fuel let alone the upcharge for the diesel and maybe double for oil changes.
I can't see where the world needs a 5/8 ton truck.

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #7  
I'm actually disappointed in the tow rating. 12K is just not enough for me. I was banking on it having a 14K rating as rumored but no such luck.

Really sad about this. I loved my 08 Titan but most gas trucks can nearly tow what the new Titan is rated at. To me they really missed the mark at only 12K. The is pushing the envelope for almost all 5Th wheel campers and GN stuff. 14K would have had it right in that sweet spot between the best gas 1/2 tons and the diesel 3/4 tons.

Chris
The payload is about 1300 under the current F150 too. Put that engine in a solid 3/4 ton and stop their torque wars.

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #8  
SSDD. Never fails on truck threads. Nothing can come close to the Ford in their eyes.

Kudos to Nissan for following through on such a neat project.

/ 2016 Nissan Titan #9  
Looks like the last generation Ford...

/ 2016 Nissan Titan
SSDD. Never fails on truck threads. Nothing can come close to the Ford in their eyes. Kudos to Nissan for following through on such a neat project.
Tough to beat the Clear Leader!

I was really excited about this truck but now not so much. At least they got the power right using the Diesel engine unlike others.

My 08 Titan was by far the best truck I have owned to date. That includes a Toyota, 2 GM's, a Dodge, and about a dozen Fords.

Chris