2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting #11  
I have an open station DK35 (2006) and the key switch frequently gets all kinds of road crud sprayed under the dash and on the back of the key switch, I spray electrical contact cleaner and wipe down, and then spray some inside the switch itself. Happens too often but easy fix.

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting
My 2017 NX6010 has a cab, and I park it in a covered Rhino Shelter - plus I am only at 250 hours - so the dust/dirt/grime issue should be minimal. I'm going to go back up and check the Ignition park link someone kindly posted (plus I have the full service manual so can get p/n from that)

It's just not right that the ignition key hole needs a squirt o wd-40. I agree, replacing and taking the other one apart and keeping as spare will be the next task... or - figure out how to put in a PUSH BUTTON start - I'll wait to read the replies on how to do that and go..... :) :)
Much appreciate the links above!
Erik

KIOTI Part # T5515-75172 SWITCH - ordered off eBay for $91.00 ugh for 2017 NX6010 I'll post pics of the existing one when I swap them out...hopefully the wd-40 will get me through til spring/summer :)
thanks
Erik

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting #14  
KIOTI Part # T5515-75172 SWITCH - ordered off eBay for $91.00 ugh for 2017 NX6010 I'll post pics of the existing one when I swap them out...hopefully the wd-40 will get me through til spring/summer :)
thanks
Erik

warranty????

30 day return - New - if it's dirt and grime in there then warranty won't matter imo :)

ok, so let's add latest saga to this thread / same issue as I hope it helps someone else who may run in to this problem. Dec 2019 update. Last summer (2019) I did buy a new ignition switch off ebay, of course after it arrived the tractor stopped acting up so the spare sat in garage until about a month ago when once again no start issue reappeared... I swapped out the ignition switch (easy peasy BTW - too easy I thought !) then realized the new ignition switch was a single sided key (not double sided which came with tractor) so off to dealer, got single sided key, insert and Varoom, she starts right up! Viola ! It WAS the ignition switch !! Then a week or two goes by and I go to start and same issue reappears, click, no start, some fiddling with foot on brake, jostle around in seat and making sure she's in Neutral (trying both neutral positions, and she finally starts, (I think I even sprayed a little wd 40 in key slot for good luck)... then wait a week til next tractor chore and she no start again.... jumping/jostling in seat, tapping brake pedal, making sure in neutral, been on trickle charger so she's got voltage.... after 100+ turns of ignition I decide to pop out the seat and strip the wires to connect the Seat Disconnect (this was an issue in 2017 when the Seat Cut Off wire severed in half after some bouncing around ripping tree stumps out - the seat was removed by dealer and the 'seat sensor & wire' were replaced and reinstalled by dealer).... SO - I cut the seat sensor wire, strip and twist together , bolt seat back down (4 easy bolts) and VIOLA she starts right up ! Of course now I have to bring the seat to dealer to see what recourse I have there....but for anyone out there troubleshooting a no start issue on a 2017 NX6010 you might wanna try..... good luck everyone and thank you all for the support I find in here. Merry Christmas Erik

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting #17  
ok, so let's add latest saga to this thread / same issue as I hope it helps someone else who may run in to this problem. Dec 2019 update. Last summer (2019) I did buy a new ignition switch off ebay, of course after it arrived the tractor stopped acting up so the spare sat in garage until about a month ago when once again no start issue reappeared... I swapped out the ignition switch (easy peasy BTW - too easy I thought !) then realized the new ignition switch was a single sided key (not double sided which came with tractor) so off to dealer, got single sided key, insert and Varoom, she starts right up! Viola ! It WAS the ignition switch !! Then a week or two goes by and I go to start and same issue reappears, click, no start, some fiddling with foot on brake, jostle around in seat and making sure she's in Neutral (trying both neutral positions, and she finally starts, (I think I even sprayed a little wd 40 in key slot for good luck)... then wait a week til next tractor chore and she no start again.... jumping/jostling in seat, tapping brake pedal, making sure in neutral, been on trickle charger so she's got voltage.... after 100+ turns of ignition I decide to pop out the seat and strip the wires to connect the Seat Disconnect (this was an issue in 2017 when the Seat Cut Off wire severed in half after some bouncing around ripping tree stumps out - the seat was removed by dealer and the 'seat sensor & wire' were replaced and reinstalled by dealer).... SO - I cut the seat sensor wire, strip and twist together , bolt seat back down (4 easy bolts) and VIOLA she starts right up ! Of course now I have to bring the seat to dealer to see what recourse I have there....but for anyone out there troubleshooting a no start issue on a 2017 NX6010 you might wanna try..... good luck everyone and thank you all for the support I find in here. Merry Christmas Erik

Day one I bypassed the seat safety.

Other than mouse damage creating a power draw making batteries go flat, no start for me has always been to the brake switch. Stomp on the brake 30 times and vroom, off it goes.

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting #18  
Hey fellas...want to add another item for this no start issue....went through all the steps mentioned.
Then for some reason decided to look at the brake pedal lock. Lo and behold another friggn micro switch!!!!
Cwap........i cycle the lil bugger a few times and VROOOOOOM.....!!! wats dat noise??????
So, once in the shop I get a flashlight and take a close look. The switch is to ensure both pedals are locked for a start....huh........guess all that jumping in and out I must've kicked that swivel tab just enough to open the switch.

So add this to another item check list when the no start issue crops up again.......just glad I found......it.....
Oh and this was the first thread that popped up when I did a search for 'no start'....so figured this is the place to add one more data point.
OK fellas have a great week....

Last edited:
Hey fellas...want to add another item for this no start issue....went through all the steps mentioned.
Then for some reason decided to look at the brake pedal lock. Lo and behold another friggn micro switch!!!!
Cwap........i cycle the lil bugger a few times and VROOOOOOM.....!!! wats dat noise??????
So, once in the shop I get a flashlight and take a close look. The switch is to ensure both pedals are locked for a start....huh........guess all that jumping in and out I must've kicked that swivel tab just enough to open the switch.

So add this to another item check list when the no start issue crops up again.......just glad I found......it.....
Oh and this was the first thread that popped up when I did a search for 'no start'....so figured this is the place to add one more data point.

Thanks for adding that! good one to know! Twice for me now has been the seat cut off switch.... I have removed it from the equation :).

Have a great weekend all!
Erik

/ 2017 Kioti NX6010 no start / intermittent starting troubleshooting #20  

Compare to the post directly above your own. LOL

Day one I bypassed the seat safety.

Other than mouse damage creating a power draw making batteries go flat, no start for me has always been to the brake switch. Stomp on the brake 30 times and vroom, off it goes.