2017 Total Solar Eclipse...

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #141  
Drove to Tenn with a couple of friends from work. Not much traffic getting there, 1.5 hrs over GPS initial prediction. Return was a disaster. I-81 was solid traffic for about 500 mi. Plus 4 hours to return, but overall worth it.

A couple of my shots

paul

Attachments

• Eclipse-1.JPG
    Eclipse-1.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Eclipse-2.JPG
    Eclipse-2.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 44
   / 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #143  
Dang Techman ! I looked at your pix without eye protection and now I'm typing blind . :D

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #144  
   / 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #145  
That's just one person repeating what someone else told her. Urban legend? Who knows?

But unfortunately this one's real: :D

donald-trump_dan-worthington_759.jpg

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse...
That's just one person repeating what someone else told her. Urban legend? Who knows?

But unfortunately this one's real: :D

donald-trump_dan-worthington_759.jpg

LMAO...sorry after reading your latest I understand why the term "liberal" is derogatory...in this instance it translates to gullible dumbass...LoL....

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #147  
LMAO...sorry after reading your latest I understand why the term "liberal" is derogatory...in this instance it translates to gullible dumbass...LoL....
That photo looks pretty credible to me. Your take on it? Factual information, or am I repeating an anonymous Urban Legend?

The photo was his third instance of looking up toward the eclipse according to this:

======== from CNN, with an accompanying video:

Yes, Donald ***** really did look into the sky during the solar eclipse

There's literally only one rule with eclipses: Don't look at the sun during them.

... from the White House pool filed by the Guardian's Ben Jacobs: "At approximately 2:39, the President initially gesticulated to the crowd below and pointed at the sky. As he did so, one of the White House aides standing beneath the Blue Room Balcony shouted 'don't look.'"

========

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #148  
That photo looks pretty credible to me. Your take on it? Factual information, or am I repeating an anonymous Urban Legend?

The photo was his third instance of looking up toward the eclipse according to this:

======== from CNN, with an accompanying video:

Yes, Donald ***** really did look into the sky during the solar eclipse

There's literally only one rule with eclipses: Don't look at the sun during them.

... from the White House pool filed by the Guardian's Ben Jacobs: "At approximately 2:39, the President initially gesticulated to the crowd below and pointed at the sky. As he did so, one of the White House aides standing beneath the Blue Room Balcony shouted 'don't look.'"

========
Foto was labeled 2:43 PM which was 1 min past the max at 2:42 in DC.

While much was made about looking or not looking at the sun, the reality is we look at the sun all the time with and without sunglasses. We don't STARE at the sun, that would damage your eyes, but a quick look with slitted eyes has no effect. But then I was not trying to sell Eclipse Glasses.

I rember as a kid looking at it in school and we put a pin hole in a piece of cardboard and looked at it...still not blind from it either.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #149  
[Third] Foto was labeled 2:43 PM which was 1 min past the max at 2:42 in DC.
I was just poking fun at that famous New Yorker, in response to the other story (suntan oil in the eyes) that went nationwide. In the other story, some nurse in a storefront clinic told her local tv station that a temp nurse moonlighting there told her a story from a different clinic an hour away, and suddenly that story went nationwide often with comments making Californians look silly. Classic Urban legend! Then \pine goes and calls me a 'gullible dumbass'. I think my post is better supported by first-person evidence, even video, compared to the credibility of what that nurse told her tv station.

:)