2019 L6060 Regens

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #21  
Today I watched my L6060 as I roared it from my farm to one of our other farms. Full rpm, pedal down completely and in cruise, DPF started out at home at 36%, arrived at other farm at 29%. Later had a spraying job for a local farmer, M7-171, same type of roaring. 82% at start, 85% on arrival with no droppage. Don’t often road that far but to this custom job, discovered fuel usage on the M7-171 is 5 mpg at 33 mph.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens
Ran mine from my daughters place to ours at about 2400rpm in High range, rabbit. The first km is flat then the next 1.5km ranges from 15% to 10% uphill grade. I ran that in high range too. The steepest parts I dropped it to High turtle but I was very impressed with the power this tractor has compared to the Massey 1549, I traded in on it. The dpf level only dropped by 1 % during that run but I can see if the tractor gets worked the dpf levels would likely drop as yours did running full out. I still haven't done that but will soon.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #23  
Look at it this way. You have about 2100 regens before the canister will have to be renewed or cleaned and your unit will tell you when it's loaded with burned soot as in it won't run at full power. Called 'derating'. Time to go to the dealer and have a new canister installed or the old one cleaned. Typical cost for a cleaning is about 300 bucks and it it's not cleanable, a new one is about 500 bucks. Price of doing business with the EPA.

Don't matter what the brand is, if it's a non DPF Tier 4 final engine, it has a a canister and some DPF engines have the canister as well.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #24  
Today I watched my L6060 as I roared it from my farm to one of our other farms. Full rpm, pedal down completely and in cruise, DPF started out at home at 36%, arrived at other farm at 29%. Later had a spraying job for a local farmer, M7-171, same type of roaring. 82% at start, 85% on arrival with no droppage. Don’t often road that far but to this custom job, discovered fuel usage on the M7-171 is 5 mpg at 33 mph.

One thing about a regen cycle... You could grill burgers on the one box if you want to... Just make sure the meat isn't fatty. Fatty meat makes a mess on the stainless.

Everytime I read about this stuff I just smile and keep running my pre tier 4 tractors. I'm not green and don'e want to be 'forced by mndate' to be that way.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens
I've decided to just ignore the whole DPF thing and use this tractor the same way I have always used them. If that involves idling then that is what it will do. It makes no sense to me to keep shutting the tractor off every time I stop to do something and then restarting it or revving the crap out of it just to keep the DPF filter cleaner and reduce regens. When it wants to regen I will let it do its thing. I just need to be aware of when it wants to regen. I think this is different for many users. If I were a farmer and using the tractor for extended hours then the regens would likely happen without me being aware of most of them. But I'm not even a hobby farmer. My tractor just gets used for small jobs and short periods of time, except in the winter and that is the main reason for having one. I can spend anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours a day plowing, blowing and moving snow, depending on how much we get in a day and how much has already accumulated. It sure is going to be nice spending that time wearing a T shirt in a warm cab and the regens will only make more heat.:)

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #27  
way too much time is spent worrying about this stuff. Keep your throttle over 50% and go to work.

Leave it to Neil to cut to the chase.......:D

Don't worry about it, don't dwell on it, just run it. You have at least 2100 'regen' cycles to get to a 'full canister' condition and that means way more hours that you will probably ever accrue on your machine anyway (if hours run are an indication of usage on this forum).

Neil... Bought a Sidekick from my local dealer. What a hoot. Nice RTV.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens
way too much time is spent worrying about this stuff. Keep your throttle over 50% and go to work.

Thanks and good to know about the throttle setting. On the Massey I just traded in the owners manual suggested keeping the RPM's above 1700 because it was better for the HST transmission. The Kubota owners manual makes no reference to minimum suggested operating rpm's. So I've been running it at idle, with the "auto throttle advance" engaged. Time to change the way I run it.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #29  
I have not read the effect a turbo-charger has on emissions, Tier IV emission control bits and time between regenerations.

Some respondents have turbo engines, some do not.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #30  
Our son's L4060 must be doing pretty good. His first regen happened while he was loading round bales onto a trailer in the field at about 35 hours. He was loading bales again Thursday and there were 4 bales that wouldn't fit on the trailer so he went and grabbed two at a time and brought them to the farm and he said the DPF dropped 10% as it was a two mile round trip on the road. I think he said it's at 50% with 49 hours on it.