2019 L6060 Regens

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
I was reading another thread where a person was complaining about the regen frequency of his YT tractor and based on the comments I seen I may be having an issue with mine. When I first got it I closely monitored the DPF filter gauge and initially thought it was great. At 10 hours the DPF was at 10% and I was doing a lot of light duty low rpm work and idling. Then it started to go up faster and faster, even though I was running the tractor at higher rpms. Still light duty stuff though. At 23 hrs it did its first regen and it took about 10 mins. The Intellipanel called for about 1700 rpm during that regen. I just had my second regen at 38 hrs and the IP called for 2300rpm. It took about 10 mins again. Is this normal compared to what others are experiencing?

I have yet to run the tractor at full PTO rpm and I have not yet worked it hard.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #2  
I have had my L6060 for 6 months and run it hard mowing because to get the PTO To 540 rpm the engine runs at about 90%. First regeneration at 22 hours and second regeneration at 43 hours.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #3  
Are these DEF tractors?

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #4  
No, The L6060 does not use DEF. I am curious why you ask. The use of DEF and Regeneration are two separate processes.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #5  
There is a computer chip/circuit monitoring DPF congestion. When the DPF ceramic matrix is fully loaded with soot, according to the computer programing, it notifies you to regenerate statically if you have been operating at relatively low rpms. So there is no set time between regeneration cycles. Low air temperature during operation, which lowers DPF temperature, can decrease time between regenerations.

During your first regeneration the DPF was new. During your second regeneration there was ambient soot in the DPF. I think you are normal but bears watching.

My three cylinder L3560 requires 2,200 engine rpms during driveway regenerations. In warm Florida regenerations are pretty regular at 50 to 60 engine hours. I do a lot of low rpm, stop-and-go, engine-on/engine-off woods work so about 65% of my regenerations are static in the driveway. My dynamic regenerations primarily occur when bush hogging or disc harrowing.

The L3560 engine is at 1,400 engine hours and the DPF/regeneration has been a non-issue.

Last edited:
   / 2019 L6060 Regens #6  
Sounds right to me.......

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #7  
Pushing 360ish hours on my L4060. I'm getting 20, maybe 25-30 hours between regens. From what I hear that's about normal for the 60 series Grands. Low RPMs & not working them hard shortens the intervals. Mowing & other activities that load the engine hard & make it produce lots of heat tend to make regens occur less frequently. I do a mix of a fair bit of mowing & puttering utility tasks.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #8  
And if I'm mowing I run the machine at full throttle, which is about 560pto. I often don't even notice when it regens there. It's just a light flashing at that point. If I'm just puttering ir almost finished with a job I'll suppress the regen if I notice things then let it go next time I run it. It's less of an issue than I was expecting when I got it though.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens
I know a lot of people think it's always cold in Canada but it does get hot here too. Since I bought the tractor the ambient temps have been around 80 to 90 degrees F. So if I only get 15 hrs between regents at that temp what will it be like when the temps drop to 0 degrees F.

I really don't have any concerns with the regen process. Just curious to see what others are expiencing. I will just keep using it as required and keep an eye on it. So far I love this tractor.

/ 2019 L6060 Regens #10  
I was reading another thread where a person was complaining about the regen frequency of his YT tractor and based on the comments I seen I may be having an issue with mine. When I first got it I closely monitored the DPF filter gauge and initially thought it was great. At 10 hours the DPF was at 10% and I was doing a lot of light duty low rpm work and idling. Then it started to go up faster and faster, even though I was running the tractor at higher rpms. Still light duty stuff though. At 23 hrs it did its first regen and it took about 10 mins. The Intellipanel called for about 1700 rpm during that regen. I just had my second regen at 38 hrs and the IP called for 2300rpm. It took about 10 mins again. Is this normal compared to what others are experiencing?

I have yet to run the tractor at full PTO rpm and I have not yet worked it hard.

Regeneration of my L6060 is seamless. I do not even know that it has happened unless I check the bar graph.

Pushing 190 hours now, and I have no idea how many times it has regenerated.

SDT