2020 Siverado HD

/ 2020 Siverado HD #41  
   / 2020 Siverado HD #42  
How do race car get cooling? The front is Simply Frugly. I could go on , but why bother.
GM styling and design is lacking in many areas. Like not being able to see well out of their vehicles. I guess they are getting jump on cameras, radar and autonomous driving.
Now the good idea of bed and bumper inset steps are great, but the truck is sitting 3" too tall, period. If you need to go off road, offer factory lift kit, otherwise, make it so you don't need a stepladder to use the bed.
So between the front end, ride height and poor visibility, those are deal breakers. That might be a shame, because the rest of the truck could be fine.

Oh, STOP with your well-reasoned, practical arguments. Who CARES? All we want is a Cool Looking Truck that we can somehow justify the payments on. Go back to bed.

BTW - GM's bumper step, and this new front-side-step, are genius. They MUST have a patent on them that they aren't willing to sell out on, or Everyone would have them. I added a pull-down step to my Ram, and while it works great (better than the GM built-in - I had one), it's an extra step and expense that I shouldn't have had to have.

215 Ram Truck 15 Bestop TrekStep Tailgate Step - RealTruck.com

/ 2020 Siverado HD #43  
The dealerships have, what they consider, found a solution to this problem of - PRICE. With all the required approvals you can now get eight ( yes, 8 ) year financing. It just makes my guts cramp up in knots and my bowls roar like Mt Vesuvius to contemplate the amount of interest you would be paying on an eight year loan.

However - there is obviously a faction of the population buying these rolling Ft Knox's - otherwise, they would be going out of business.

I checked on a 2019 Ram Power Wagon also - the proposed diesel version will run somewhere between $76,000 to $80,000.

Absolute and utter lunacy. I will be driving what I currently have until the wheels fall off and then start using my tractor for all trips.

My big 'ol grapple will hold all the groceries that I will need - for months.

If I should need more - I always have my ten ton farm wagon that I can drag along with me.

You know - with the tractor and farm wagon and it only being twelve miles to town - I can keep food on the table. With the internet I can keep clothes on my back.

I'm all set.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #44  
The dealerships have, what they consider, found a solution to this problem of - PRICE. With all the required approvals you can now get eight ( yes, 8 ) year financing. It just makes my guts cramp up in knots and my bowls roar like Mt Vesuvius to contemplate the amount of interest you would be paying on an eight year loan.

However - there is obviously a faction of the population buying these rolling Ft Knox's - otherwise, they would be going out of business.

I checked on a 2019 Ram Power Wagon also - the proposed diesel version will run somewhere between $76,000 to $80,000.

Absolute and utter lunacy. I will be driving what I currently have until the wheels fall off and then start using my tractor for all trips.

My big 'ol grapple will hold all the groceries that I will need - for months.

If I should need more - I always have my ten ton farm wagon that I can drag along with me.

You know - with the tractor and farm wagon and it only being twelve miles to town - I can keep food on the table. With the internet I can keep clothes on my back.

I'm all set.

The depreciation is absurd too. I just bought used an 18 Ram 2500 4x4 with Cummins and plenty of bells and whistles (all power, leather, off road pkg etc) MSRP was just north of 55k. I bought it for 40k with 16k miles. Not kidding. IMG_5489.JPGIMG_5490.JPGIMG_5530.JPG

/ 2020 Siverado HD #45  
How do race car get cooling?
Race cars don't have diesels in them, making monster torque.

Race cars don't weigh 6,000 + pounds.

Race cars don't have AC and power everything in them...

Race cars aren't pulling HUGE loads...

Race cars don't have to "idle" or idle along in 100 degree heat in heavy traffic...

I could go on and on...

SR

/ 2020 Siverado HD #46  
Sold my '99 Chevy K2500 3/4 HD last year with just 38,000 miles. I did not buy new to replace it, actually went the opposite direction. 2012 Silverado 2500 HD with 155,000 mi, and tho' I put almost a 200 mi on it in the first 12 mos I had it ... now waylaid for electrical bugs and groping with a Snap-On Verus scanner to clear codes after replacing what they indicate. Next to replace/defeat lo tire warning crap, and parse traction control buggery.

btw, Joe the plumber is logging catch-up miles on my old '99, running reliably like my '12 wouldn't think of doing, a truck with sticker close to that of my third house. New models should just have more pricey, useless bling so that others drivers can be broke down alla time like I am. :mad: ... :rolleyes:

/ 2020 Siverado HD #47  
Most bang for the buck, Dodge. I own a 15 F250 gas. Work out of a 16 Dodge 2500 gas 4door. Had a 12 chevy 2500 gas 4door before the dodge.
The dodge is a beast and loves logging roads with hills, water bars..

I'm haven't been a dodge fan, but credit is due. I knew this when I purchased the Ford just because of pride. If I had it to do over I'd have to really consider the dodge more.. Truck gods please forgive me for saying I'd consider owning a dudge. But I would.

/ 2020 Siverado HD #48  
Good Lord, please tell me that is a photoshop joke?? :shocked:

Yes, it is a photoshop, but not a joke. It is just to ease folk into the real thing (shown below):
581755d1543987809-2020-siverado-hd-mqmjoseo6xvq70e5sspm_wdp-jpg

mqmjoseo6xvq70e5sspm_wdp.jpg

Attachments

• mqmjoseo6xvq70e5sspm_wdp.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 122
   / 2020 Siverado HD #49  
Sysop - LOVE that pic. However - hope Chevy doesn't see it - might give them ideas. All that pic needs is some chrome teeth hanging down from the ID bar and you have your own Halloween toy.

I asked the Chevy dealer about a 3/4 ton Chevy WT - gasser with manual tranny - power nothing - 2WD. He looked at me like I was crazy. I know they make most of their money on exotic packages and bling - he said it might be 6 months to find or have one manufactured like that.

Its such a shame - a pickup is no longer a work vehicle - its become a statement of status and supposed power.

See mama drive into the grocery store in a big SUV or PICKUP, so jacked up, she almost need an escape parachute when she jumps down off the running boards.

And the really sad fact - industry has found that catering to that crowd makes them a whole lot more $$$$. And that's the direction industry is tending.