2020 toolcat code E001076-16

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Toolcat worked fine last night blowing snow for a couple hours, this morning after a hour shuts down with code E001076-16, starts and runs for a couple seconds and dies, best it will do, Im guessing the fuel has jelled last night temp was -10C this morning -18C, tank is 3/4 full, have to pick up a anti jell additive later and give it a try

have a heated shop but its 500 feet away and machine will not stay running, with the additive best I can do is keep starting for the few seconds when it will run, temperature is not expected to rise for the next couple days, we had 2 foot of snow fall yesterday fortunately it blew most of it prior to dying.

the fuel filter, is it the one by the battery? did get box part way up is pulling the filter a good idea or more issues possible like getting air out

suggestions?

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #2  
Turn the unit on via switch/key pad. Press and hold the lights button for 2 sec to view codes. My book shows service codes are a 4 number format. XX-XX

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16
this is the code E001076-16 weather today is -21C, took the cover off under passenger seat, the primer bulb was collapse, things a re stiff took bulb out warmed it up but broke the plastic T valve, got one on order, warmed bulb till it returned to its size, using a length of hose and a jerry can of diesel started it up and git it into the shop, warming up now.

that T fuel inlet from tank, out to the filter and the other hose comes off the fuel rail, a new one is a week to 10 days out, Im planning using a regular T in the short term, any comments why it would not work

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #5  
Sounds like a good plan.....try to stay warm!

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #6  
From what I have read....the new bobcat's that have the doosan engines also have a very fine 2 micron fuel filter that will quickly plug when gelling. Use good fuel that is treated for winter. Also, there is a fuel bypass kit that sends warm fuel to the filter to help with cold weather (from skid site). I have noticed that toolcat's have a Fuel Bypass Kit listed in parts...would that help you? It is
PN 7276266.

Doosan Engine & Bobcat | Heavy Equipment Forums

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #7  
I'm not sure if my toolcat has the "bypass kit" installed but it may. I took pictures of the area looking at the fuel hoses and there is a valve tied with a wire tie below and to the left of the filter. It is where the hose curves down below the engine pulley.

EDIT: I confirmed the valve part number as the bypass valve so my 2017 unit has it.

5610 fuel 010_1.JPG5610 fuel 011_1.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not sure if my toolcat has the "bypass kit" installed but it may. I took pictures of the area looking at the fuel hoses and there is a valve tied with a wire tie below and to the left of the filter. It is where the hose curves down below the engine pulley.

EDIT: I confirmed the valve part number as the bypass valve so my 2017 unit has it.

View attachment 675922View attachment 675923

winter package on the 2020 is a block heater and larger battery, the hose you see is from the fuel tank, below is a 90 to the primer, left is the return from the injector pump, it is pressure operated to open dumping to the tank or thro the bulb to the filter

replaced it with a regular T will see how it works tonight, part is one week away

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #9  
winter package on the 2020 is a block heater and larger battery, the hose you see is from the fuel tank, below is a 90 to the primer, left is the return from the injector pump, it is pressure operated to open dumping to the tank or thro the bulb to the filter

replaced it with a regular T will see how it works tonight, part is one week away

I sounds like the new ones are all coming from the factory with the fuel bypass kit installed. Right below is valve #7275950 (part of bypass kit) , then, the line for the bulb comes out of the bottom of the valve. Being that yours comes from the factory with the kit installed, I'm not sure where the valve is installed.

Too bad they didn't use a Tee that is more robust. It always works out we have to work on these when it is cold and all the rubber hoses are hard as rock.

that short hose the inlet side of bulb is a attached to a 90 elbow quick connect, did not know that and broke at the valve, to be fair the bypass valve even with the zip ties removed has no play to get access, assume the whole machine is assembled finishing off with dropping the cab in place,

the valve is 60 dollars but nothing in stock, they sold a few lately so figure they break often, the quick connect is a good idea but you need to remove the bulb at the outlet(top) to get the slack to lower the elbow off the tee