2020 toolcat code E001076-16

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16
further to the idea Bobcat changed the part number possibly to just a T I looked at both parts old and new, they both have the new part number molded in the housing

just got the scoop on this nifty little valve, it functions as a T in the system during cold and normal day temperatures, when the fuel return gets around 120F it closes the return line which then sends fuel around the cooler and back to tank so its open at cold temperatures.

this being said I have the original valve stuck closed and the new valve stuck open, a replacement part is on order and will check it on arrival

have a great weekend all

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #33  
Thanks for the update......:thumbsup:

have a final update, working with the service dept it appears the new valve is functioning correctly the original was defective

how this valve works is during normal and cold temperatures it functions as a Tee, when the fuel coming into the Tee is warmed to 120 +/- the white connection of the Tee acts as a check valve and allows flow coming into the Tee but not out this is the white end of the Tee only, the other two ends from tank and to primer/filter can flow any direction when needed.

Looking at the plumbing diagram in the service manual I still have not figured how it interacts in the system, the white end goes to the one side of the pump and the cooler via a Y fitting,

anyone now knowing how the Tee functions have a better understanding how the flow diagram would look for cold and hot? no flow diagram in my service manual, now to install it back into the Toolcat this weekend

/ 2020 toolcat code E001076-16 #35  
When open, the return fuel from the injection can flow through the valve and into the pre-filter supply hose. This will help warm the incoming fuel and filter. When the valve closes during hot conditions, the return fuel from the injection pump must flow to the cooler, then the tank. It does this through a T that is between the valve and injection pump in the return hose.

when hot the flow from the Tee to the Y you mention is cut off, it acts like a check valve so fuel from the Y can flow thro the Tee but not from the Tee in my mind its working opposite to how I would have thought, have to draw the flow diagram over the weekend