2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #11  
Today I'm thinking of just going minivan. She has more dogs and more shows and lessons to go to these days...and what you say about jellybean style rings true.
But the BMW is getting 30 mpg from the 3.5 L diesel and as much as we dislike the car we love the economy.
Hmmmm I have a 2015 X5, the 3.0L gas version. Generally disliking the vehicle as well, regret buying it, but I am getting 32mpg with mostly highway driving.
When my wife was searching for a SUV years ago, she went with the Pilot over the Highlander due the Pilot having more room for the grandkids in the back seat, than the Highlander. I didn't like the controls, knobs etc in the Pilot as I felt they were too small and felt flimsy. But it was her car and is what she wanted and she got the Pilot. Of the two, I lean towards the Toyota as they are very trouble free and they haven't given me any issues on the rare occasions I have needed service.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #12  
Had a 2015 X5d. Really good mileage and torque.

EGR system turned me off BMW for a long time. Crazy battery replacement process, etc.

Traded in with 150k on Lx NX350h. Wife likes it, I can’t stand the transmission.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum
Went with my daughter today and she purchased 2022 Honda Pilot elite..

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #14  
We “upgraded“ in 2018 from a 2002 Grand caravan that we bought new, to a 2018 Honda Pilot. I kept the minivan as my truck, took out both rear seats. I have to say I didn’t want the mini van back in 02, but there are things I like about a mini van Better. The Pilot does not have the room behind the rear seat that the mini van has. I also think the rear seat of the mini van had more room. Both were bought to be our “nice car”, go to church, take on vacations, etc ( our daily drivers are old beaters). The height of the Pilot is an issue for us on vacation, with our luggage topper we can not park in the parking garage at the condo we stay at. The Pilot has to be parked on the ground floor parking lot, which I’m not a fan of, at times the lot is full. The mini van w/topper fit in the condo parking garage. I will say the Pilot is great in snow, but of course it’s all wheel drive, mini is front wheel drive and did pretty well in the snow we usually receive.
Pilot (3.5l) gets better mileage by 6-8mpg on trips, which is nice. Pilot is very comfortable and has the bells and whistles the mini doesn’t have. We had serious issues the first year of ownership with the Pilot. First the Mass air flow sensor then the complete engine wiring harness and computer had to be replaced (under warranty of course) Pilot kept going into limp mode and doing what I called “stroking out” all warning lights and trouble codes rotated through the dash screen, couldn’t drive over 20ish miles per hour. last few years have been trouble free. I wanted another mini van but the boss researched the Pilot and we really needed the all wheel drive, so Pilot it was.

Mike

Highlander is a better quality vehicle. Hondas aren't what they used to be.
IMHO the highlander doors reminded me of a cheap tuna can.The pilot seemed better put together ..

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #17  
IMHO the highlander doors reminded me of a cheap tuna can.The pilot seemed better put together ..
You'll see the difference soon enough. Enjoy.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #19  
Your post was the opinion.

/ 2022 honda elite Pilot verses 2022 Toyota Highlander platinum #20  
We “upgraded“ in 2018 from a 2002 Grand caravan that we bought new, to a 2018 Honda Pilot. I kept the minivan as my truck, took out both rear seats. I have to say I didn’t want the mini van back in 02, but there are things I like about a mini van Better. The Pilot does not have the room behind the rear seat that the mini van has. I also think the rear seat of the mini van had more room. Both were bought to be our “nice car”, go to church, take on vacations, etc ( our daily drivers are old beaters). The height of the Pilot is an issue for us on vacation, with our luggage topper we can not park in the parking garage at the condo we stay at. The Pilot has to be parked on the ground floor parking lot, which I’m not a fan of, at times the lot is full. The mini van w/topper fit in the condo parking garage. I will say the Pilot is great in snow, but of course it’s all wheel drive, mini is front wheel drive and did pretty well in the snow we usually receive.
Pilot (3.5l) gets better mileage by 6-8mpg on trips, which is nice. Pilot is very comfortable and has the bells and whistles the mini doesn’t have. We had serious issues the first year of ownership with the Pilot. First the Mass air flow sensor then the complete engine wiring harness and computer had to be replaced (under warranty of course) Pilot kept going into limp mode and doing what I called “stroking out” all warning lights and trouble codes rotated through the dash screen, couldn’t drive over 20ish miles per hour. last few years have been trouble free. I wanted another mini van but the boss researched the Pilot and we really needed the all wheel drive, so Pilot it was.

Mike
I guess you didn’t consider the 4 Wheel Drive, Toyota minivan?