2022 Spring Garden

/ 2022 Spring Garden #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
Gonna try to post pics and videos of my 2022 Spring garden. Planting G90 Sweet Corn, Dasher II Cucumbers, and Mammoth Sunflowers. My tractor is a 1998 Massey Ferguson 231 and the rotary tiller is a 6’ County Line (King Kutter) from Tractor Supply.
I welcome all comments and questions. Thanks for looking!
EB071E28-B218-47AB-A0DF-E472934810D9.jpeg

/ 2022 Spring Garden
For some reason, I can’t post a video.

/ 2022 Spring Garden #3  
I have a question. My son moved to Baton Rouge last year and planted a garden. His tomato plants grew but didn’t produce. What varieties do well in your country?

/ 2022 Spring Garden
I have a question. My son moved to Baton Rouge last year and planted a garden. His tomato plants grew but didn’t produce. What varieties do well in your country?
“Better Boy” does well here

/ 2022 Spring Garden #8  
My G90 and Peaches and Cream are almost waste high and laid by. Potatoes are really nice. Tomatoes and peppers are doing well. The last round of stuff I planted, butter beans, string beans, peas, okra and peanuts missed the mark on conditions and came up very sporadically. I will likely replant some things, some I will leave alone. I will post some pics today.

/ 2022 Spring Garden
Drawing the rows with the row hippers!
EF98ED2F-35AE-4E2D-9D6A-697763701CBE.jpeg

/ 2022 Spring Garden
My G90 and Peaches and Cream are almost waste high and laid by. Potatoes are really nice. Tomatoes and peppers are doing well. The last round of stuff I planted, butter beans, string beans, peas, okra and peanuts missed the mark on conditions and came up very sporadically. I will likely replant some things, some I will leave alone. I will post some pics today.
I’ll never plant again before Easter. Years ago, the frost got me 2 years in a row and had to replant. I’m late planting this year, but I guess it’s better late than never. I haven’t planted a garden in probly 4 years. I have a bad back and it takes a tole on me. I’ve struggled badly making this year’s garden but it looks like I’m gonna get it done. It hurts tremendously having to do it though. If it wasn’t for my tractor and my walk behind seeder, I wouldn’t even think about making a garden.
Good luck to you!