2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #41  
What I find interesting about most of the new and never trucks is the short bed but the large passenger space with 4 doors. I find them basically useless. When I buy a pickup, bed length is the important issue, not seating space. Granted my 350 Ford with it's 8 foot bed and 4 doors and a backseat is really long and hard to park in a normal parking space (I usually take 2), but I use the 8 foot bed all the time. It is a farm truck after all.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #42  
Amen. I like a little extra space behind the seats, but I don't understand the double cab and short bed. Of course I also don't understand people driving trucks with no purpose other than commuting. Or, making a truck a low-rider.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #43  
Many I see in suburbia are family and tow vehicle in one... large boats and campers mostly...

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #44  
Amy (my wife) and I refer to them as 'Soccer Mom' trucks, Grocery bags fit in the back and not much else but it's 'fashionable' to have one, IOW status symbol. Kind of like the guy or gal who buys a diesel front wheel assist CUT to mow their patch in the city.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #46  
Typical style of all the trucks nowadays. That grille in the center and step hood is a morphed 1994 Ram. Everybody copied that style.
BTW, I really hate Ford with the three stacked headlights. Whose idea was that?

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #47  
Kind of surprised they haver the balls to tow anything. Most have weenie motors.
🎶 🎶 Oh Lord it’s hard to be humble 🎶 🎶

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #48  
Humble has nothing to do with it. Tiny engines do but then I'm from the school of displacement and bed length.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #49  
Typical style of all the trucks nowadays. That grille in the center and step hood is a morphed 1994 Ram. Everybody copied that style.
I prefer the separate hood and grill myself. Problem with the integrated design is you damage the grill, you damage the hood too.

/ 2022 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition: Everything’s Bigger in Texas #50  
Good question and the entire front grill is blow molded plastic anyway. It's my belief that Fords, GM and Fiat-Chrysler are all trying to out do each other with the 'macho' look. Don't much care for any of them actually, especially the fake hood scoops. Certainly not aerodynamic at all, but then who buys a pickup truck for aerodynamics anyway. I'll be surprised if Elon's much awaited e pickup sells. Looks like a wood splitting wedge to me.