2030 Injection Pump Issues

/ 2030 Injection Pump Issues #1  

5oaksTX

Tractor
JD 2030
Hey everyone, I need some help with this tractor that I got at auction recently. I bought it through an online auction. For the auction, they had a video of the tractor running and moving around under it's own power. When I go to pick up the tractor, it won't start. I crack the bleeder screw on the injection pump, and diesel squirts out as I turned over the engine. When I crack the bolts on the injection lines, I get nothing.

I find it hard to believe the pump went bad since the week prior, it worked just fine. My initial thoughts are possible it has something to do with the shut off lever, perhaps something internally got disconnected?
On the note of the shutoff lever, I noticed on the top of the pump that there is a "Stop" arrow pointing forward. Does that mean that when the lever is pushed forward, that shuts off the tractor? I did try cranking it with the lever forward and back.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240417_090947.jpg
    20240417_090947.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 24
   / 2030 Injection Pump Issues #2  
The shut off lever in your pic is in the shut off position..
The long end of the lever goes towards the front of the pump in the run position..
Pull your throttle wide open, loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS..
Crank the engine while pushing and pulling on the shut off knob 4-5-6x..
When u decide to stop, make sure u stop in the run position..
let the starter rest and crank the engine to see if it’s spitting fuel at the loosed lines..
If not, ur gonna hafta lift the cover up and see if the metering valve is stuck..
If it’s free.. the problem is deeper and will require removal..
Good luck

/ 2030 Injection Pump Issues
The shut off lever in your pic is in the shut off position..
The long end of the lever goes towards the front of the pump in the run position..
Pull your throttle wide open, loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS..
Crank the engine while pushing and pulling on the shut off knob 4-5-6x..
When u decide to stop, make sure u stop in the run position..
let the starter rest and crank the engine to see if it’s spitting fuel at the loosed lines..
If not, ur gonna hafta lift the cover up and see if the metering valve is stuck..
If it’s free.. the problem is deeper and will require removal..
Good luck
I ended up pulling the cap off the pump and double checking everything. Put it back together, and she runs. All I can guess is that at the auction, someone was messing with the shut off lever and either got it stuck internally. I greatly appreciate the help.