2032R PTO Problem

/ 2032R PTO Problem #11  
thanks for the report, good luck with the new ECU
let us know how it ends up,
let it snow!

/ 2032R PTO Problem
They installed the new ECU Friday morning and it didn't fix the problem. They told me that they were escalating the issue to their corporate tech support and would let me know when they heard back. In the meantime, they wanted to continue working on it in their shop and gave me the choice of whether I wanted them to pick the tractor up that day or on Monday. I told them to leave the loader on and pick it up Monday so that I could get the drive cleared well this weekend.

A couple hours later, they called to tell me that corporate had gotten right back to them, their technician went back to my house and walked through a diagnosis with the corporate support on the phone. They traced the problem to a misadjustment in the reverse sensing switch. He fixed it, re-installed the snowblower, and I've been using it all weekend. I'm glad to have it working properly!

/ 2032R PTO Problem #13  
Nice! Thank you for the final report.

/ 2032R PTO Problem #14  
Where is this reverse sensing with located? My 18 month old 2032R has worked flawlessly until now - the PTO will not engage Mid/Rear/Both - light is one, everything is free and clear, the blower is hooked up properly. Thanks for the help,

/ 2032R PTO Problem
Where is this reverse sensing with located? My 18 month old 2032R has worked flawlessly until now - the PTO will not engage Mid/Rear/Both - light is one, everything is free and clear, the blower is hooked up properly. Thanks for the help,

Does it initially engage and then stop after ~20 seconds? If so, then it could be the reverse sensor. If not, then it's probably something else.

/ 2032R PTO Problem #16  
Look to see that a wire didn't get torn off going to the sensor. That happened to my mid PTO sensor... which I don't use but had me baffled for a while trying to figure out where two wires went that were hanging loose. Am guessing a stick while brush hogging or logging out logs was the culprit. Hope you track it down.

The service technical manual for your tractor with a lot of detail info is priceless, IMO.

/ 2032R PTO Problem #17  
Thanks for the help - will check the wiring again. It will not engage at all, certainly seems to be electrical

/ 2032R PTO Problem #18  
Finally! Found a post with the exact problem I’m having.... although an old post.
Where are these switches located?

/ 2032R PTO Problem #19  
Finally! Found a post with the exact problem I知 having.... although an old post.
Where are these switches located?

The reverse switch is in the wheel well of the back tire, on the same side as the forward / reverse pedals. It is accessible from under the tractor, but not very easily.

My 2032R is less than a year old, and when I pulled the PTO out to rototill yesterday - I had the exact same symptoms. (Restart tractor, PTO will run, but only for 10 seconds or so - and then it's done until next restart.)

Even though the switch sounded like it was clicking on/off properly, I was going to bypass the reverse switch to rule out an adjustment issue. When I went to pull off the connector, I was suspicious it might have not been pushed on all the way. So I pushed it in tight, and I was back up and running.

So - this thread had me back up and running in 5 minutes, and saved a week, 2, more? at the dealer that may or may not have resolved the issue on the 1st try.

Thanks!