2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
I raise the 3PH and put the mower deck in transport position. When I lower the 3PH, the deck drops an inch or so. I was able (once) to get the deck to stay up (not drop at all), so I know it is not supposed to drop. I noticed Piedmont mentioned this in another post, but I didn't want to hijack that post. Has anyone else had and solved this problem? Is there an adjustment? I haven't called my dealer about this yet. Any help would be appreciated.

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #2  
I can't help you except to say mine drops a bit also. You need a little movement in order to raise it back up to free the adjustment knob. If I'm doing any real loader/tiller work I'll just remove the deck.

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #3  
chips,

Almost all hydraulic systems have a degree of leakdown (economic trade off on the SCV circuits), but some have had more problems with this than others. If you think your leakdown is excessive, talk to your Dealer --- if it is, he should be able to do something about it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #4  
Chips
I had some folks mention that they set it in the locked position and it holds for the, that did not work for me. I have talked to my dealer but have not gotten and answerer yet.
I’ll let you know what I hear and I appreciate it if you would do the same.

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position
JDfan:
Thanks for your response, but this is not leakdown. Pull rockshaft back, place mower height adjustment knob in transport (lock) position, push rockshaft forward, and instead of remaining all the way up, the deck drops (fast) about an inch. I got it to stay up once, fiddling with the knob, but cannot repeat.
Piedmont:
Haven't had a chance to talk to the dealer about this, I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Still looking for someone who has had this problem-does the same thing happen with 2210's?

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #6  
I know this is stupid question but I'm a beginer so bear with me, what is the rockshaft?

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position
The rockshaft control lever is what John Deere calls the lever that raises and lowers the 3 point hitch. It's on page 25 of my manual.

/ 2305 / 62MMM sags in transport position #8  
Chip,

Then it sure sounds like an adjustment to the height control knob is in order! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif