2305 First Generation Swivel Seat Fix - sort of

/ 2305 First Generation Swivel Seat Fix - sort of #11  
Hi Chris,
I suspect that you have the 260 Parts Manual. If you do, look on pages 20-32 and 20-34 near the back of the catalog, and you'll see the two seat swivel designs that are different from mine. I hesitate to copy and post them as they are copyrighted material.

If not, go to the John Deere parts website;

John Deere - Parts Catalog

and look up the 260 back hoe parts catalog using the model # '260'. Down near the bottom of the drop down menu, the 260 backhoe catalog will appear. Open the catalogs' alphabetical index, and under "S" you'll see two links for the two different seat swivel designs.

It surprised me a bit that the profile of the improved swivel seat mechanisms' rear, vertical plate pretty well matches the profile that I put on mine yesterday.

Judging by your photos, we have the same seat swivel mechanism on our tractors, the one with the 'tongue' (tab) that goes into the 'centered' slot in the vertical portion of the base plate to lock the seat in the forward position. This design does not appear in the aforementioned parts catalog.

FYI, after doing some Internet research, I located the part number for the improved swivel seat assembly... It's John Deere part # LVA12654. A price check on it today showed a price of $625.00 It's too late to even ask for a warranty replacement on my tractors' seat mechanism.,, the factory warranty on my 2305 TLB expired on 02/24 2011. The tractors' power train warranty expires on 02/24/2012.

If you still need photos of my tractor's swivel seat mechanism, let me know and I'll try to get them to you.

/ 2305 First Generation Swivel Seat Fix - sort of
Yes, I see what you are saying. The rear most piece of bent plate steel (the one that you cut down) doesn't show up in any of the parts breakdowns. Huh. :confused:

Well anyway, it looks like it is working out better for you now, glad to see.

Hey, does that PTO selector lever ever get your leg as you are getting off of the tractor? I cut mine down by about 2-3 inches and it was much better. I just removed the lever, sliced out a strategic section of it, and welded the threaded stub back on. It was almost as much of a breakthrough as fixing the seat. I posted a thread about it somewhere up here in the digital world about 6 months ago or so.

I'm planning to do something similar on my new 2520 with the tranny range selector. That lever is just obnoxiously in the way. JD really needs to hire/fire someone for ergonomics on these products.

/ 2305 First Generation Swivel Seat Fix - sort of #14  
Hi Chris,
Regarding the PTO lever, shortening is another thing that I've been meaning to do. Thanks for the reminder!:thumbsup: