2305 mower

/ 2305 mower #1  

Wvanatti

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 (2010)
JD 2305

I have a 2010 / 2305 that I purchased new. It has a 54" mmm. The deck is set to mow so only when hitting high spots does the wheels turn. I have greased the wheels each and every time I mow my 4-5 acres.
With that said, the wheel metal spindles are worn. Thinking of routing out the wheels to accommodate a high speed bearing and welding on new spindle/bolts. Just curious if anyone ever had this problem or tackled what I suggest doing. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

/ 2305 mower #2  
I have a November 2009 year model 2305 with 62" mmm. Used it to mow 3 acres of uneven ground so the wheels spin often. I grease it when I change blades a few times a season. I don't think my wheels are wore out. Notice no variance in cut quality from new.

/ 2305 mower #3  
Same here! Grease it 2 to 3 times during the summer. Wheels pretty much spins all the time on mine. 2305 2008 and wheels still looks good.

/ 2305 mower #4  
Bought my 2210 with 62" deck new in 2004. In the fall of 2011 I replaced two scalp wheel spindles and wheels (got to buy the wheel to get the bearing) as the bearing were badly worn. These were the two front wheels that take all the pounding on my somewhat rough 3.5 acres. I adjust them so the weight is carried by the tractor and grease every time I mow but as the tractor bounces across the countryside the wheels just get pounded. I had put over 500 hours on that deck. There does not seem to be any way around it, my 62c deck weighs 200 pounds when clean, the wheels are going to take a beating while doing their job keeping the deck even.

/ 2305 mower
Thanks for the reply guys. The mower only has 85 hours mowing (150 on tractor ). I was raised by a Dad that insisted everything get tons of grease and cleaned before put back. I consider myself pretty mech. inclined. Now I'm starting to wonder if to much grease held in heat and caused more damage than good. Again thanks for the input. Bill V

/ 2305 mower #6  
I wouldn't worry about it until one of them fell off. I mowed 4 acres for 7 years with a 2305 and never had a problem.

/ 2305 mower #7  
I second Bigtiller! I have a little over 400hrs on mine, over 200 is lawn cutting and so far so good.