2305 with the 62" MMM problem

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem #1  

Piedmont

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
2305 with the 62\" MMM problem

I have the optional independent lift on my 2305 and I’m having trouble keeping my mower in the transport position. It drops down a good 2-3” when I’m working with the FEL.
Anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix or work around? I’ve checked and I’m not leaking hydraulic fluid.

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem #2  
Re: 2305 with the 62\" MMM problem

I just removed the FEL and put on my 54" MMM on my 2305 Saturday and notice the same issue. It seems to drop fairly quickly when driving around with the MMM in the up position.

I had to keep raising it up with the joystick as I was driving around.

When I asked my dealer about this some time ago, he suggested turing the height adjustment dial to the highest position when using the FEL and having the MMM attached. I have not had enough time to play with it yet.

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem

I tried that with no success over the weekend. Maybe someone else can help us out

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem #4  

The fix for this is a pilot operated check valve. A directional valve has a small leak rate which is normal, but small cylinders are effected by it more than large ones.

Thank you! Is this a dealer job or can I do it my self. Also do you know where I can find the part number?

Thank you! Is this a dealer fix or can I do it myself, also do you no where I can finfd the aprt number?

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem #7  

I've got the same setup, 2305 w/62"mmm and independent lift.

Before I disconnect the lift hose to use the FEL, I raise the deck to its highest position, and turn the height adjustment knob to the lock position. The deck may drop an inch or so, but it tends to stay raised.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a shot and see if it works. I saw the lock position but wasn't sure what it was for, the manual is a little light on details.
Thanks again.

/ 2305 with the 62" MMM problem #9  

I gave it another try tonight. I helped a friend seed some grass and had to pull around harrow rakes.

I did the same procedure - lift the deck all the way up and then put the dial on the "lock" position. The deck dropped about 1 inch rather quickly but then stayed there

Sounds like a fix, I won't be able to try it till the weekend but I'll follow back up.