2320 owners - real reviews/opinions?

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #1  

holzboat

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4110, JD X595, JD 4100
Wading through all the stuff from a google search trying to get real first hand accounts from 2320 owners. Anyone care to give their unvarnished opinions? What do you like/ dislike, what works well and what should be improved in a future model, etc. Mostly I've found complaints about the seat and that mowing in high is a problem for many. How is the maintenance? Is everything easily accessible or do you need to be a contortionist. Just looking for real advise about this model. Mainly looking to use for snow removal but some occasional bucket/ fork use.

Thanks,
Roger

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #2  
morning
!have a 2320 bought new in 09 curently the hr meter quit so I'm guessing at 750 hr. Have run it way beyond its intended use for the time iv'e had it 1/2 the time has been pulling a 54" rototiller the rest split between mowing brush and loader box scraper work. have had no maintinance issues read the manuel and pay attention or the hydraulic screen and magnets will cause you problems easy if you follow directions. my biggest problem is the front driveline will wrap up tall grass until it stalls the engine a piece of 12" conveyer solved that problem. i'm a retired heavy equipment opperator and was sceptical about it beeing enough tractor bought it because it fits into the sheep and goat stalls to clean them am constantly amazed by the loader capabilitys can fill the bucket out of a dirt bunk every time. for a small tractor can't say a bad thing about it

Greg

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions?
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #4  
I owned a 2320 until about 2 years ago. I bought it in 2007. I never had any problems with it. My property has very few level spots, I did have some issues in the first maybe 20 hours with being able to mow in high. The last 200+ hours I owned it, I could do just about anything in high. It mowed great with the 62D deck. It was great for moving snow. I had a 54" blade & 47 snow blower. I used it a lot with loader & pallet forks. Again it worked great. 2 years ago, I was getting ready to build a pole barn. There was going to be a lot of dirt work. I thought I needed something with more power to get things done faster, but I did not want a bigger tractor. I traded the 2320 for a 2720. With the 2720, everything had to be done in low except driving down hill. The extra power was nice, but moving around the property at a snails pace was not at all fun. Trading was a big mistake, I should have kept the 2320.

I did all of my own maintenance. I do not remember any problems doing it.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #5  
I have a 2320 bought new in September 08. Great machine and no complaints. I use it to mow with a 62D deck and it does a great job. Can't mow in high range because my lawn is too rough in a lot of places. The loader works well and I have forks for the loader that come in handy for a lot of items. For me it's a great size tractor and does everything I ask.
My one complaint is the required greasing of the driveshaft which is a pain in the ***** to do.

My one complaint is the required greasing of the driveshaft which is a pain in the ***** to do.

I read a few posts about that. How often does it need to be done. Was the driveshaft modified after a certain build date to alleviate the issue?

Thanks again.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #7  

That is something I did not know about until I traded in my 2320. My manual said nothing about greasing the drive shaft.

I did install a better seat suspension on my 2320. The ride was a lot better after that.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #8  
i have a 2320 had it for 5yrs now, my biggest complaint is the mower deck, i have the 62d independent lift, i like to lift the deck sometimes to mow the grass higher in some spots then lower it down to the stop, the independent lift doesnt hole the deck up long i have to keep raising it to keep it high. if you mow your grass at same height it wount be an issue.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #9  
I have owned a 2320 for 3 years now, only complaint I have are the gas tank location and at first the tractor was not very powerful in high great, I found that after 250hrs of use the tractor really woke up and feels much more powerful especially mowing up hill. As for maintenance everything is pretty easy to get at except for the transmission screener plate, I had to take off one rear tire (full of fluid) to get the three point pin out of the way. I also will mention that for plowing snow the tractor is twice as good when using the loader when you have front suitcase weights on. I have five 42lbs weighs in front and I can push snow for miles. My rear tires also are full of beet juice as well. The weight also makes mowing much better especially on hills. I stepped up from a 455 john deere with a loader and mowing deck. The 2320 is much more capable than even what John deere will admit too. Great tractor you will not be disappointed.

Seems that there are few differences between the 2320 and the 2025R. Sounds like there would be a lot of happy people if JD would use the same fuel tank location and seat as the 1025R. Also can anyone tell me the difference between the 200CX and H130 loaders. There are a few 2320's listed with these two loaders. Are all these loader buckets quick-tach or is that an option?