2320 owners - real reviews/opinions?

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #11  
Also can anyone tell me the difference between the 200CX and H130 loaders. There are a few 2320's listed with these two loaders. Are all these loader buckets quick-tach or is that an option?

The decals.

The buckets are all quick-tach on the H130.

P.S. I do not remember any issue with the fuel tank.
The seat suspension I used was similar to the ones used on the 1026R.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #12  
That is something I did not know about until I traded in my 2320. My manual said nothing about greasing the drive shaft.

I did install a better seat suspension on my 2320. The ride was a lot better after that.
Was the suspension a Deere item?

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions?
P.S. I do not remember any issue with the fuel tank.

From reading lots of posts nobody mentioned any issues just that many thought the fender placement on the 1023e10/25r was more convenient for fueling with a can.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #14  
Was the suspension a Deere item?

Yes, it was a new take off from a John Deere Garden Tractor.
It was not a direct bolt on install on the 2320. I did have to drill some holes in the new suspension to mount it.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #15  
I have a 2010 2320. I'm not a real heavy user - it has almost 300 hours on it. It's been trouble free. Maintenance is very easy except the driveshaft front U-joint. It's not in the manual, it's in an addendum that I never got, I just ran across it on the internet. Recommendation is every 200 hours. I do it every fall before I get into snowblowing. It gets easier everytime but it still takes a while.

As far as operations, I do a lot of mowing (62D), a bit of landscaping ground work, and I use a 60" 3 point snowblower and the loader to move snow. It's been everything I need but it's not a real heavy tractor. I've been using my box blade as ballast but I'm in the process of building a heavier ballast. With just the box blade, it's pretty easy to lift the rear tires. (Tires are not loaded because I use it for mowing a lot.)

The mower has worked well. I mow high because I have very rough lawns, so I would like the height adjustment to be finer increments at the higher positions, but it works OK. I don't understand the concern about mowing in high. I only go to low range on one hill on my property and I actually shift into 4WD on that one to keep from spinning and tearing the grass up. On flat ground I'm only limited by the roughness of the ground. On smooth ground I can mow at top speed. Originally I had a problem leaving winrows of grass clippings but gator blades solved that.

Mowing in dry weather, I now stop every half hour or so and clean the radiator screen. It can really build up weed dust and I worry about that. The air cleaner stays clean though. Filling the gas tank with a 5 gallon can is a bit of an effort. When I get a little older, I may have to go to smaller cans. I don't know if other tractors are much better.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #16  
KennyG, amen to the smaller fuel cans. My 2720 is a bear with a 5 gall can, especially if it has a no spill device on it. Using 2 gal cans when I can just to make it a bit easier to manage.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #17  
ash logs.jpgdeer11 041.jpgbox 001.jpgI have a 2008 that has been a joy to own and operate. It does everything I need it to do. I burn and sell firewood and take it with me when cutting to load logs onto my gooseneck to haul home with me. I then unload with the 2320 to split the wood at home. I have moved logs with this tractor that would make some folks soil themselves! As others have said it does more than what it should. We used it this fall to install a rim/tire combo back on my FIL's 9500 Deere Combine. What a backsaver. I bought it when I was in my 20's brand new from my local dealer and have never regretted it. My neighbors sure seem to find uses for it too!

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #18  
I have had my 2320 since 2007 and it has about 400 hours on it. Not a bunch of hours but when I do use it I use it hard, brush hogging, a lot of loader work, that sort of thing. It can do most of what a big tractor can do just takes quite a bit longer, that really is kind of a feature for me since I enjoy my tractor time. An advantage is its size; it is small enough to get into really tight places, especially with just a ballast box on the back. Drawbacks, yep a few but they have already been mentioned. Lubricating the front drive shaft is a bit of a pain the next time I do it I may install an access panel so I don't have near as much disassembly. Fueling is a bit of a problem particularly after a torn rotator cuff and bicep but not enough of a pain that I spent time devising another method to fuel the tractor so I guess it can't be too bad. I have had a problem with side wall tires to; there is a lot of razor sharp lava where I live and when it is wet you have to be carefull to not spin the front tires when they are close to that stuff. I have lost two front tires when I cut the sidewalls through. That problem would be with any MFWD tractor I used here. I really like the hydraulic drive setup when using my loader. I have run out of power to do some things and then you just have to start taking smaller bites. Mine has been trouble free except for when the ignition switch retaining nut backed of so the switch could rotate and I didn't notice. Tractor would only start sometimes and it took a while to troubleshoot. I am pretty religious about maintenance and if you use the loader a lot grease is your friend.

/ 2320 owners - real reviews/opinions? #19  
I have a 2010 -- 2305 model. Here are my complaints. 1. Driveshaft u-joints, hard to grease on the machine- I had to take it off. 2. No conversion for the $50 tranny filter. I poked a hole in it the first time I took off the deck. At 16 hours, did it again with a stick. Built my own guard ! 3. There isn't a screen in the fuel tank fill hole, never had any issues but would be nice just in case. 4. The travel bar needs to be in place on 3 point to lift mower, I welded bracket over it so not required. 5. Older models had rear tranny failure. Had to buy $200 slip clutch as added insurance against this $6000 plus failure. 6. Deere battery failed the first year.

That's just my 2 cents as a no vice owner of the 2305

The good news, I mow around 10 acres year around in FL. 54" deck and sometimes running the Protero 18 collector. I have abused the bucket tearing out plam type trees, hauling wood etc. has been worth every penny, would buy the same model, if I had to do it all over. Best of luck !