2440 No start

/ 2440 No start #1  

Yooperhillbilly

Tractor
John Deere 2440
Have a 2440 that wont start. Turn key, get nothing. No Lights. Good batteries. Nothing when trying to jump starter solenoid. When using jumper cables, starter will engage are a second. Then nothing again. Checking grounds and all connections. Will a bad starter solenoid cause the no lights issue? Key switch bad?

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Blessings

/ 2440 No start #2  
Welcome to TBN
"Good batteries": Load tested? or how determined "good" ??

Would still be suspicious of condition of grounds and connections.. were they removed and cleaned?
Cover these real good, as it may save you throwing parts at the problem.

Other may pinpoint this right away.. and post.

/ 2440 No start #3  
To me it sounds more like the ground cables are still bolted to metal parts which are in turn bolted to the tractor. A known problem area getting good current flow. Longer ground cables bolted to the engine block solves a good many of those particular symptoms.

/ 2440 No start #4  
YHB
Welcome to TBN
Ditto on checking ground cable connection paying extra attention to tractor frame connection.

/ 2440 No start
Welcome to TBN
"Good batteries": Load tested? or how determined "good" ??

Would still be suspicious of condition of grounds and connections.. were they removed and cleaned?
Cover these real good, as it may save you throwing parts at the problem.

Other may pinpoint this right away.. and post.
Still had 12 volts at the starter while trying to start, volts didn't drop. Started cleaning grounds today before work, Ill finish clean grounds and go from there.

/ 2440 No start
To me it sounds more like the ground cables are still bolted to metal parts which are in turn bolted to the tractor. A known problem area getting good current flow. Longer ground cables bolted to the engine block solves a good many of those particular symptoms.
Like the idea of longer cables to the engine block. All add them while I finish cleaning all grounds.