245 with multi power?

/ 245 with multi power? #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Got a buddy who just picked one of these up. I havent laid hands on it yet. Best I can tell online on the multi power is. In low it freewheels. In hi its like a regular tractor and engine will slow it down. That correct?

Also, he said the pto will work in the direct ground speed mode, but when switched to independent he feels the lever engage but pto doesnt spin. Any ideas before I go look at it?

/ 245 with multi power?
I went and looked at it. PTO worked fine for me. Dont know if id like one with multi power myself after running it. If I had it and a standard model for same price id pick the standard model.
I think hes probably going to make a plate to put on dash and keep the multi power locked in the hi range.

Has anyone seen a massey over 45hp that did not have draft control on it?

/ 245 with multi power? #4  
I am not sure why you would lock out the multi power unless the owner does not know how to drive, might as well lock out high range while you are at it.
No different than a mechanical TA, AmpliTorque, Hydra Power, or Over/Under Hydraul Shift. They all drive on a sprag in under drive and all freewheel.

/ 245 with multi power?
I am not sure why you would lock out the multi power unless the owner does not know how to drive, might as well lock out high range while you are at it..

We arent flat land crop farmers. Ours are used for hunting lease up keep and its very hilly. On flatland the free wheeling wouldnt be a concern. Out here its a definite disadvantage especially if someone other than the owner jumped on it to move it out of the way or something and wasnt expecting the free wheeling.
Even with low multipower "locked out" it still has 3low and 3hi speeds so I dont see it being a disadvantage.