25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #51  
I say shoot all the d**n deer. They are nothing but a nuissance.

I'm with you. Long legged rats. Our island was so over populated a few years ago that the deer were starving to death in winter despite destroying huge amounts of natural and cultivated vegetation. We also have one of the highest rates of tick borne illness in the country (which does keep the tourists away:D). Easing up on some of the bow hunting restrictions fixed the deer population explosion. As I recall now they can shoot several does per hunter but only one buck.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 115
   / 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #52  
In most states shooting from a road licensed vehicle is illegal under all circumstances.

In Oregon it is illegal to even carry a loaded rifle on an ATV. And loaded has a different definition than for a road licensed vehicle. On road, you can have cartridges in the magazine, just not in the chamber. On an ATV, even the magazine must be empty. One of my buddies, who doesn't have a lot of $cratch to spare, got nailed for this 4 years ago and he still mentions it every day...

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #53  
In most states shooting from a road licensed vehicle is illegal under all circumstances.

In Oregon it is illegal to even carry a loaded rifle on an ATV. And loaded has a different definition than for a road licensed vehicle. On road, you can have cartridges in the magazine, just not in the chamber. On an ATV, even the magazine must be empty. One of my buddies, who doesn't have a lot of $cratch to spare, got nailed for this 4 years ago and he still mentions it every day...

That's a strange law. I wonder what the reasoning is there?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #54  
From what I hear...you know deer can't see red/orange? Is this correct?

See this link Quality Deer Management Association and then take a look ath this one Eye of the hunted: What do deer really see? - ESPN

The answer is that deer really aren't color blind at all, but do have trouble with red and orange.

Home free you think. Well, maybe maybe not. Both articles discussed brighteners. These are materials that absorb ultraviolet light and then re-emit it as blue or near-UV. Colors that deer see very well.

Almost every color that looks really "bright" has some kind of a brightener in it. Now I may be wrong on this, but that really bright "safety orange" sure looks to me like it has brighteners compounded into the paint. Great if you don't want to be hit by traffic, but not quite what you want if you don't want deer to see it.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #55  
I think you guys are "Kioti brainwashed!" There are only about 100 different brands to choose from but now that Kioti has copied Kubota everybody wants to buy one?? I'm really not knocking Kioti. I'm sure they make a good product. But it's like once you buy something Kioti nothing else exists. A lot of people have their favorite brands and I can understand that... I do too. But good lord the Kioti faithful are on a different level!

No their not. John Deere has them, New Holland has them, Case-IH, Massey, Agco..... they all have them.

I will admit I am curious to see this UTV up close. Kioti has a good reputation as well as a reputation for fair prices. I won't run out and buy one but I am looking forward to seeing it.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #56  
I think you guys are "Kioti brainwashed!" There are only about 100 different brands to choose from but now that Kioti has copied Kubota everybody wants to buy one?? I'm really not knocking Kioti. I'm sure they make a good product. But it's like once you buy something Kioti nothing else exists. A lot of people have their favorite brands and I can understand that... I do too. But good lord the Kioti faithful are on a different level!

That is how you build a successful brand! I bought my tractor because it offered more for less and very high quality. If the same company builds another item I need, you can bet I'll give them my money first.

The trick is to not screw up the relationship with your customer by cutting corners and continually raising prices.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #57  
I think you guys are "Kioti brainwashed!"

Partly true but oversimplified.

If you noticed this is the Kioti forum so of course Kioti products are discussed and the people here are interested in interacting on whatever Kioti topic comes up. To my knowledge this is the first post regarding this type of utility vehicle here so there is naturally a bit of a feeding frenzy for information. No one is running out to buy one without looking at the competition but we do know from past experience that Kioti products are well made and importantly very good values. There are not "hundreds" of diesel powered UTVs so the introduction of a new diesel model from a value brand manufacturer is a legitimate news item. Don't read more into this thread than that.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #58  
I think you guys are "Kioti brainwashed!" ...it's like once you buy something Kioti nothing else exists... good lord the Kioti faithful are on a different level!

This is what makes me interested in a Kioti. Any company that can sell a moderately priced product and make their buyers that happy has got to be doing a lot of things right.

Don't need another tractor, but something like a Gator would be nice. Gators are pretty expensive...

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #59  
"Brainwashed" not really,just satisfied with a good product at a fair price.While I am somewhat satisifed with my Kubota products they have not been perfect like some folks would like others to think.Every product has there issues.Brand loyal I am not as you can see in my signature.coobie

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #60  
I, too, am among the "Kioti brainwashed". Like others, I just felt that I got a good value for the dollars invested. Seven years after my purchase, I'm as happy with the tractor as I could be. I've had to have one large repair that (all in all) ended up not being too bad. Even with the purchase price and the repair bill, I'm still a few thousand better off than if I had bought a competitive tractor from another local dealer, so in all likelihood, my next tractor will also be a Kioti.

So I guess if having a good experience with a product makes you want to buy another one of the same brand when the time comes, then brainwashed we are!

I'm curious too about the UTV. The only problem that I have with it is the same problem that I have with essentially all of them - for the money that they cost, I can buy a really nice used 4wd truck that I can drive to town as well as the farm. Now by no means could a truck go the same places that a UTV can go, but in my situation, it can about 97% of the time. My property is mostly open fields/pastures and fencelines, so a full size tractor or truck can go almost anywhere. When I have to take stuff into the woods, I usually take the Yanmar with a carryall or pull my little trailer. So, while I would love a UTV and would no doubt get alot of use out of it, I just can't see ever spending the dollars on it instead of a full-sized truck.

But yes, without a doubt, I'm "Kioti brainwashed".

Take care.