2520 3pt Bleed down

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #1  

PCABE5

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab and loader
I have a couple questions, First overnight the deck will lower the 3pt is that a normal function for the 2520? Seems if I open the rate of drop valve the faster it will bleed down when the tractor is off and if I slow the rate of drop the less it bleeds down.

Second question, is on the rate of drop valve, I only have to barly move the knob (16th of turn) to make a big difference, is that what others are seeing?

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #2  
I noticed the same thing on the rate of drop control. When I first got my 2520 (about two weeks ago), the first time I lowered the 3-pt (with rotary cutter attached) it slammed it to the ground. Seems like I had to turn the knob a ways before it stopped slamming it down but then it didn't take hardly any adjustment to make a big difference. In other words, the useful range of adjustment seems very small.

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down
I would agree one useful range, if it were a clock I would say you have at most 5 minutes on a clock face from closed to slamming down.

If you are anywhere within that 5 minute range will yours bleed down if you left the mower on or some other 3pt attachment on and raised?

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #4  
I would agree one useful range, if it were a clock I would say you have at most 5 minutes on a clock face from closed to slamming down.
This would depend on how much weight is on the 3PH. Mine will slam to the ground with the ballast box on but with it off I need to push the 3PH down with my foot.

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #5  
I have mine set so the 3PT will drop fairly slow,how slow,I don't know,but I don't have to help it down. Even with the BB on it won't drop completely, maybe halfway overnight. Same when I have the deck installed,maybe just halfway. I usually lower everything anyway,it's just when I forget is when I see how much it leaks down.

Even with the tractor not used for days,the mower won't leak all the way down.

Greg

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #6  
I know the FEL and Backhoe will leak down but I don't believe the 3pt should. At least my 3pt does not, even left up for weeks without moving the tractor, with a full ballast box. So what is the correct answer? Should it or shouldn't it?

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #7  
same here (2320) -- left the box blade or ballast box on for weeks and no leak down on the 3ph.

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down #8  
I've never left mine with an attachment lifted so I can't comment on the bleed down. I always store it with the loader and box blade lowered to the ground. I'll try leaving the box blade raised a little bit some time and see what happens.

/ 2520 3pt Bleed down
I know the FEL and Backhoe will leak down but I don't believe the 3pt should. At least my 3pt does not, even left up for weeks without moving the tractor, with a full ballast box. So what is the correct answer? Should it or shouldn't it?

My old 2320 would not leak down either if I left something raised. The new 2520 I notice that the MMM will lower the 3pt some overnight and the amount that it lowers is dependent on the rate of drop valve position. If I have it set for faster MMM lowering the deck will lower more overnight. If I slow the drop rate of the deck then it will settle less overnight. I should say that the MMM I sometimes just leave up but attachement on the back or the loader I lower when I park it.

I am only asking because the 2320 did not leak down and I realize these are two different tractors but I was just wondering what it should do or is this a normal condition. So is this normal for the 2520?