2520 REVEALED!!

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #31  
OH no!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Really I figure that deere figures that '4010' buyers will figure that getting a 2320 for the sam(ish) money will figure smartly.

But then some things don't figure..!

Ralph will probably put a nuther gallon size big gulp on his other post and be just fine!

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #32  
Who's RALPH? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #33  
Has anyone else got a price from a dealer for the 2520? I'd like to know if $16450 ( w/FEL and R4s ) is a good price before I pull the trigger.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #34  
I forgot to mention, the list price with 200CX FEL is $18018. The dealer is only giving me about 9% of list. Is this normal for JD? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #35  
On a brand new model, it might not be at all unusual... Also, anytime I have price checked in my are there has been a huge price spread among local dealers.

The usual concensus is the 15% is considered a good discount, and over 20% and you are family...

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #36  
I'm no expert- but from what I've read a really good deal is around 15% off list in the US (great being around 18%). That being said, it varies a lot depending on what part of the states you are in- both coasts being more expensive than in the middle (with the NE and NW being the worst). I paid about 10% under on my 3320. My dealer is not known for making great deals, but have excellent service and support and are close to me.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #37  
The dealer down the street from me quoted $16800, another one farther away was about $17+. I sure thought I could have done better than $16450. But at least it's a Deere. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #38  
Just to compare, you can always get a quote from JD Equipment

or pm me if you want the name of a good dealer nearer you...

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #39  
Back in July, the closest dealer was offering about 17% off his 4110.
Now, another local dealer is offering 20% off his 4110.
It looks like a good time to buy an "old" model tractor. Or is it?
Like I said earlier, the new 2520 is a LOT cheaper than the 4115 it's replacing.
Even at 20% off, a 4115 is still the SAME price as a 2520 with only 9% off.
Which one would you pick? Which one will be worth more a few years from now?
Makes me wonder how JD expects it's dealers to sell the old models?
I gotta say, I'm a little suspicious about how cheap these new tractors are?
Standardizing accessories, and eliminating a few models only explains some of the price difference,
not all of it. Something else is bringing the costs down?
Not steel costs during manufacturing, and not fuel costs during shipment.
That leaves; labor, or quality, or both?
On paper, the new 2X20's seem to be loaded with improvements,
but so did the "new" 1964 Winchesters, and so did the "new" Ford Mustang-II ?

Dave.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #40  
Dave,

Good points, and only time will tell. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif