2555 Cab backup cam

/ 2555 Cab backup cam #1  

JerryK

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab & (2017)1526 HST(2018)Cub Cadet Pro Z 154L (1991) Caterpillar E70B
2555 cab has nice side mirrors, and I put a good panoramic mirror inside to help with the rear view. But somedays, during the blowing of snow, when the cab is not completely warmed up, etc... it is still hard to see backing up or if someone is coming down the drive/roadway. So put in a $60 wireless camera with a 7" screen. Still have to remove the plastic film off the screen. Made a bracket out of 1/8" aluminum pop riveted onto some 1/8" gray plastic. You can get 12v power for the screen/camera anywhere you find it, does not have to be all on the same fused wire.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV5FPKL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put a two cam setup on the right side of my excavator to help seeing stuff way over on that side. While cam's are not a perfect solution, they help in certain situations. Well worth the $60 when blowing snow up here in Norther Lower Michigan.

Attachments

• IMG_0680 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0680 (Large).jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0679 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0679 (Large).jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0677 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0677 (Large).jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 154
   / 2555 Cab backup cam #2  
2555 cab has nice side mirrors, and I put a good panoramic mirror inside to help with the rear view. But somedays, during the blowing of snow, when the cab is not completely warmed up, etc... it is still hard to see backing up or if someone is coming down the drive/roadway. So put in a $60 wireless camera with a 7" screen. Still have to remove the plastic film off the screen. Made a bracket out of 1/8" aluminum pop riveted onto some 1/8" gray plastic. You can get 12v power for the screen/camera anywhere you find it, does not have to be all on the same fused wire.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV5FPKL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put a two cam setup on the right side of my excavator to help seeing stuff way over on that side. While cam's are not a perfect solution, they help in certain situations. Well worth the $60 when blowing snow up here in Norther Lower Michigan.
Nice set up you have there, I have the 2565 and I have considered doing the same.

/ 2555 Cab backup cam
Nice set up you have there, I have the 2565 and I have considered doing the same.

I wanted to mount it on top of the dash, but did not want to drill into it. Was maybe thinking of screwing something to the metal cab brace just behind the glass, but that looked to be kind of iffy. I had mounted the panoramic mirror up higher at one point, and had six little screw holes up there... Were not that big, but I knew they were there, so I covered the area with the gray plastic.

/ 2555 Cab backup cam #4  
Thanks for the link. I have often wondered about one of those cameras but mainly for when using the forks.