2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #12  
I mounted my snowblower's electric controls (two double pole, double throw switches) next to the seat. I used standard drain pipe tubing (and caps) to make a weatherproof housing (see the black cylinder next to the seat in the photo). The switch on the front of the housing moves the chute left and right, while the rear switch activates vertical chute deflector.

Most importantly, mounting the switches next to the driver's seat in this manner is the most pleasant and comfortable location I have found to date.

Attachments

• 1-TopView.JPG
    1-TopView.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 631
  • 1-FrontView.jpg
    1-FrontView.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 590
   / 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #13  
Finally got around to mounting my actuator and motor on the 2750. Really pleased with how everything turned out. Went with a simple mounting system and all in figure it cost me under $200 for the works.

Works great in sub -30c temps and no problems with snow buildup around motors.

Here's a video of the project for those interested:

Kubota 2750D Snowblower Motorized Chute Rotation and Deflector - YouTube

PS. Princess Auto here in Canada has the power seat motors on sale this week for $6!

Awsom project! I have been reading this forum for a while and joined specifically to comment on this. Im currently going back and forth between a BX2370 and the 1023E/R and couldnt believe how cheezy and/or expensive the chute/deflector control options are from the factory, electric/hydro.... After using your setup for a while, going on two winters, how is it holding up?

Are you using the FA-35-S-12-XX actuator?
Light Duty Rod Actuators – Firgelli Automations

Are you using the following motor? Cant tell from the picture..
12V Power Seat Motor | Princess Auto

Thanks Again for the GREAT Info!!!

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #14  
Op; Nice job! Attached is a picture of my deflector actuator switch. Linear actuator was from Frigelli auto out of California. Kubota hydraulic rotation. Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-1809761190.jpg
    image-1809761190.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 337
   / 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project
After using your setup for a while, going on two winters, how is it holding up?

Only issue I had was in the spring of the first year when wet snow was getting into the chute rotation motor and blowing the fuse. I solved this by redoing the slicone around all the motor connections

Are you using the FA-35-S-12-XX actuator?

This is the one I"m using.

Any 4" actuator should work...I'd recommend getting the rubber boot that covers the actuator. I believe I purchased it from the Fergelli site.

Are you using the following motor? Cant tell from the picture..
12V Power Seat Motor | Princess Auto

No not that one. The one I am using is this one. You want the long shaft on the motor as it allows you to easily couple the chute shaft to it. I just drilled a hole in the shaft and used the existing coupler on the kubota shaft.

The only thing that was tricky to find was the electrical connector for the seat motor. After digging around a bit I found one at Napa.

Good Luck!

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project
Nice work ericher69!

I like the way you mounted that switch!

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #17  
Subscribed. I have the chute rotation already done so now I can do the deflector. Thanks for posting the link

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #18  
Thanks for the feedback. I'm now looking at doing a 3PT mounted snowblower, from Landpride. The chute is extremely heavy duty, I hope the motor has enough power to turn it. Between the hydro kit to the back and rotation/deflection control JD/Kubota and Mahendra all are close to 2k to configure.

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #19  
Nice work ericher69! I like the way you mounted that switch!
Thanks it works as intended; one hand on the steering and one on the controls at all times!

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ 2750 snowblower electric chute rotation and deflector project #20  
I like the switch set up... Where did you buy the parts ?

Op; Nice job! Attached is a picture of my deflector actuator switch. Linear actuator was from Frigelli auto out of California. Kubota hydraulic rotation. Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet