2810 clutch issues.

/ 2810 clutch issues.
Not to replace the input shaft. Disassemble the obvious stuff at the front of the case. Pull the transmission cover off the top. Couple of snap rings to get loose. Remove from the front catching the bearing and gears as it comes out. 10-20 Series service manual.pdf . that link should go straight to the service manual for this one. Ignore the picture on the thumbnail. It's incorrect.
Awesome! thank you for sharing!

/ 2810 clutch issues. #23  
Been a while since I've been into one of those. Had a few that had to have the snychros replaced on the shuttle years ago. Don't remember anything out of the ordinary. Bransons part prices are getting out of hand for sure. Can't say I've ever had to replace the main input shaft into the transmission though.
“Branson part prices are getting out of hand for sure”
you said a mouthful right there, I couldn’t agree more, there’s a reason my signature no longer includes a Branson.
Not brand bashing, I really liked my 3510, in someways better (weight and loader capabilities for sure) than my L3901, but waiting on parts to come from Korea, price and no good dealer support in my area anymore helped make my decision to replace it. I looked at the RK rebranded tractors but didn’t get a good feeling on support after the sale from Rural King.

Mike

/ 2810 clutch issues. #24  
“Branson part prices are getting out of hand for sure”
you said a mouthful right there, I couldn’t agree more, there’s a reason my signature no longer includes a Branson.
Not brand bashing, I really liked my 3510, in someways better (weight and loader capabilities for sure) than my L3901, but waiting on parts to come from Korea, price and no good dealer support in my area anymore helped make my decision to replace it. I looked at the RK rebranded tractors but didn’t get a good feeling on support after the sale from Rural King.

Mike
Yeah, the original 10/20 Series Bransons are very good little tractors. Parts support and pricing was better when Americans were running the distribution side of things. Same thing happened at TYM though too. Both companies can make some really good product. But seems to be they keep rushing things to market faster and faster, and in both cases, I ended up with tractors sold that they didn't have the proper diagnostic software/hardware to take care of them. Had to buy back one TYM just due to lack of tools to calibrate the clutch. They did finally, after very many emails, phone calls, and gettin' on to the rep, get me what I needed. Couple of years later though. Still don't have that stuff for the 8050's and at this point never will. Needless to say, they both became very hard sells in my area as a brand once those farmers talked.

/ 2810 clutch issues.
Not to replace the input shaft. Disassemble the obvious stuff at the front of the case. Pull the transmission cover off the top. Couple of snap rings to get loose. Remove from the front catching the bearing and gears as it comes out. 10-20 Series service manual.pdf . that link should go straight to the service manual for this one. Ignore the picture on the thumbnail. It's incorrect.
Got the new input shaft installed, it wasn't too bad of a job. Got the clutch assembly all cleaned up and new friction disc ready to reinstall. I can't seem to find any misalignment or excessive runout on the clutch/flywheel/case halves. I really do not understand what is causing my clutch failure issues. I am obviously missing something here.
IMG_6407.jpeg
IMG_6413.jpeg
IMG_6416.jpeg

/ 2810 clutch issues. #26  
I am thinking with new matched splines and the grease you probably will not have anymore issues. I sure hope so anyway.

/ 2810 clutch issues.
I am thinking with new matched splines and the grease you probably will not have anymore issues. I sure hope so anyway.
I sure hope so, I just don't know what else to do to try to remedy the problem.

Thanks! 🙂