3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer?

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

I have a concrete slab that was poured mid august and it runs 3 1/2" to 4" thick. I'm wondering if that is thick enough to drive a bobcat 763 skid steer on without cracking the slab?

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #2  
With thinner pours a lot depends on what's under it. Solid ground with a gravel underlayment? Solid ground with sand or with no underlayment? Fill dirt?

Gravel underlayment can actually increase strength because of increased thickness.

There's a LOT of difference in strength due to thickness.

Hopefully an expert will chime in with factual data.

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer?
It is solid ground with compacted sand. It was a really hard base.

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #4  
In my opinion you'll be fine. Assuming you are just parking on the slab, not using it for a work area?

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #5  
Will 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer?

My V417 will hold 3 1/2 to 4" concrete. :D

P6140060.JPG
P6140064.JPG

P6140072 c.jpg
P6140073.JPG

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #6  
I've driving a Bobcat S750 skid steer around on the slab in my pole barn. The slab is 3.5-4" concrete poured over well settled class 5 gravel base with rebar reinforcement, 2" dense foam insulation below and pex pipe for in-floor heating. I've also driven large 5th wheel campers (32-40') and a 32' motorhome across the slab without ill effects.

Rob

/ 3 1/2 to 4" concrete hold skid steer? #7  
My full sized loader backhoe drove over my 3 1/2 inch driveway dozens of times without cracking it. It weighs 14,000 pounds. I had to drive across it to get into my backyard. Of course, I then had to have a full dump truck go across it to get to where I'm building my swimming pool, and that cracked it pretty good. No worries since I plan on removing all of the concrete to build my garage.