3 point bushing kit?

/ 3 point bushing kit? #1  

deelowe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota Mx5400
I have a quick hitch compatible class 1 box blade and noticed that that the class 2 adapter bushing kit that came with my tractor isn’t wide enough. Can anyone suggest a kit that I can buy online to fix this either by doubling up the bushings or getting some wider ones?

Attachments

• 9B3B4F82-01EF-4472-93C2-7932E404885E.jpeg
    9B3B4F82-01EF-4472-93C2-7932E404885E.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 121
  • 20CC9879-8E66-4281-AE7F-447E1A19F3E4.jpeg
    20CC9879-8E66-4281-AE7F-447E1A19F3E4.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
  • CC4EB4C0-EFA7-4381-9939-527E82758CA1.jpeg
    CC4EB4C0-EFA7-4381-9939-527E82758CA1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
   / 3 point bushing kit? #2  
You don't need a kit. Go to your Kubota dealer. They will have boxes & boxes of bushing of various sizes and widths. I have to run a normal & a short bushing on my box blade to cover the width of the attachment pins.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #3  
Tractor Supply also has adapters for $2.50 or so each if you have one closer.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #4  
I have the same issue with my new Frontier box blade. It was bought from the JD dealer with the imatch bushings included, they sent the wrong ones and all the ones they make are too narrow to fit properly. Kind of a stupid problem to have.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #5  
I feel like if you are going to say your product is quick-hitch compatible knowing your customer will need to buy 12-20 dollars of bushings it is semi-misleading. I think there is only one quick hitch that actually just uses the size of CAT1 pins. All the rest require 1-2 steps up. CAT1-CAT2 and a CAT2-CAT3. Seems like you could just make one that goes from CAT1 to CAT3 and let the customer cut it to fit.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #6  
They do make Cat1-Cat3 "quick hitch" adapter bushings. Making something quick hitch "compatible" doesn't mean it isn't non-QH ready. Thus, factory installed cat 1 pins are appropriate. Since most folks don't use a QH, why include useless extra parts? However, a good dealer should enquire if you use a QH and make sure you go out the door with a set of bushings for your shiny new toy.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #7  
I feel like if you are going to say your product is quick-hitch compatible knowing your customer will need to buy 12-20 dollars of bushings it is semi-misleading. I think there is only one quick hitch that actually just uses the size of CAT1 pins. All the rest require 1-2 steps up. CAT1-CAT2 and a CAT2-CAT3. Seems like you could just make one that goes from CAT1 to CAT3 and let the customer cut it to fit.
If it takes you $12-20 in bushings to fit an implement to a QH you are buying bushings at the wrong place.

/ 3 point bushing kit? #8  
I bought cat 1-2 and cat 2-3 collars/adaptors at TSC. Lots cheaper than the expensive ones they sell to affix permanently onto implements for QHs. These collars/adaptors are a bit wider than the lift arm holes and would help a lot to fill space.

/ 3 point bushing kit?
Ended up buying adapters from Tractor Supply. They aren't quite wide enough and they are too wide to double stack the ones adapters the tractor came with. I have no interest in a quick hitch and think the dealer sold me this box blade simply b/c it's what they had on the lot...

/ 3 point bushing kit? #10  
Ended up buying adapters from Tractor Supply. They aren't quite wide enough and they are too wide to double stack the ones adapters the tractor came with. I have no interest in a quick hitch and think the dealer sold me this box blade simply b/c it's what they had on the lot...
Get out a saw and trim to length.