3-Point Hitch 3 point does not lower....

/ 3 point does not lower.... #1  

34Willys

Silver Member
Tractor
'18 Kioti CK2610HST
2018 Kioti CK2610HST with factory FEL, Backhoe, and 3rd function kit. Removed backhoe to use the 3 point and it would only lower a few inches than lock up. It would raise back up, but only drop slight amount. I checked the lowering control valve and it turns freely in both directions and stops from lowering entirely when closed. Removed seat to gain access to valve and when plunger removed, 3 point drops to ground with fluid leaking from valve. I also have dual remote hydraulic levers. Is there a chance I have them in the wrong position? Also, do I need to change any position of the hydraulic block's valves? Dealer has been no help. Wants to charge me $700 to haul tractor to inspect, warranty or not.
Thanks for the help.
Patrick

/ 3 point does not lower.... #2  
2018 Kioti CK2610HST with factory FEL, Backhoe, and 3rd function kit. Removed backhoe to use the 3 point and it would only lower a few inches than lock up. It would raise back up, but only drop slight amount. I checked the lowering control valve and it turns freely in both directions and stops from lowering entirely when closed. Removed seat to gain access to valve and when plunger removed, 3 point drops to ground with fluid leaking from valve. I also have dual remote hydraulic levers. Is there a chance I have them in the wrong position? Also, do I need to change any position of the hydraulic block's valves? Dealer has been no help. Wants to charge me $700 to haul tractor to inspect, warranty or not.
Thanks for the help.
Patrick

Did you try standing on it while it was in lowering position? The weight of just the arms may not be enough to lower it. The remote levers should be in the middle position anyway if not being used. If you had backhoe on one would be positioned toward the rear.

/ 3 point does not lower....
I did stand on them. It didn't make any difference. They would fall a small amount and then stop. The backhoe was removed and disconnected, but I'm not sure where the remote levers were positioned. The left lever spring pressure returns to neutral, but the right lever stays put fore, aft, and neutral. Thanks, I'll check it this weekend. Any other ideas?

/ 3 point does not lower.... #4  
I did stand on them. It didn't make any difference. They would fall a small amount and then stop. The backhoe was removed and disconnected, but I'm not sure where the remote levers were positioned. The left lever spring pressure returns to neutral, but the right lever stays put fore, aft, and neutral. Thanks, I'll check it this weekend. Any other ideas?

Im trying to remember what i did when i first got my 2018 3510. I believe i had the same issue and i just loosened the valve under the seat. If i were you i would just open it as much as possible when theres nothing on it and then adjust it back to a more restrictive set point with the implement weight on there.

I did that. The only way it would lower was by partially disassembling the valve itself and allowing fluid to run out.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #6  
I did that. The only way it would lower was by partially disassembling the valve itself and allowing fluid to run out.

Yeah sounds like somethings holding up the return. Could be something simple but i give up haha

Unless I hear anything else, I'll try the remote valve position in neutral tomorrow.
Thanks for the ideas.
Patrick

/ 3 point does not lower.... #8  
Do you use the remote valve for Backhoe hookups or is there another set that does not require valve. If it is a set that does not use a valve, then it is a Power Beyond connection. These will have to be looped together when backhoe is disconnected. Just a thought.

And definitely the remotes need to be in center position.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #9  
Do you use the remote valve for Backhoe hookups or is there another set that does not require valve. If it is a set that does not use a valve, then it is a Power Beyond connection. These will have to be looped together when backhoe is disconnected. Just a thought.

And definitely the remotes need to be in center position.

The 2018 model i have just needs the remotes to be in neutral.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #10  
Unless I hear anything else, I'll try the remote valve position in neutral tomorrow.
Thanks for the ideas.
Patrick

Yup. Good chance that's the problem. If the remote valve was inadvertently left in the detent position, you were deadheading the pump. No big deal as long as it did not continue for a long time. But you will lose much of your FEL and 3pt functionality until you return the lever to the center position.