3-Point Hitch 3 point does not lower....

/ 3 point does not lower....
My '92 had the power beyond where I would disconnect backhoe lines and connect back to the tractor. That's why I asked about the hydraulic block. I have two sets of ports at rear of tractor for implement/attachment hydraulics. One for constant and one for on demand. I probably had the remote valve fore or aft, not neutral. I'll try it when I see the tractor next.
Thanks again,
Patrick

Re: 3 point does not lower....update

Adding that I went property today and confirmed the 3 point does operate normal in neutral, but I found it only has about a 15* arc from upper position to it's lowest. Also, while at it's lowest point, I can lift and drop it with normal resistance. There appears to be an internal metallic stop, not a hydraulic stop happening. The sound is zzzzip clunk, zzzzip clunk in both directions. I could find nothing external that would cause this to stop like a pin to limit lowering when backhoe is installed. I disconnected the lift arms and they drop to the ground as they should, so it's not a binding issue.
Also, I found that my hydraulics bog the engine at #5 on the lift lever scale.
Is there a chance the lifting arms are indexed on the shaft wrong?
I took a phone video, but don't have privileges to post here.
I'll going back tomorrow.
Patrick

/ 3 point does not lower.... #13  
Could you rent a trailer to take it in for warranty work? That doesn't sound good.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #14  
2018 Kioti CK2610HST with factory FEL, Backhoe, and 3rd function kit. [snip]Dealer has been no help. Wants to charge me $700 to haul tractor to inspect, warranty or not.
Thanks for the help.
Patrick

Going back to your original post, is it your selling dealer that's not being helpful and wants $700 to haul? Time and distance costs him money, yes, but how far away are you?

I'm also surprised that your dealer didn't focus on the need to have the lever of the A/B detent rear remote in the center position when you first described what was happening. It is pretty basic knowledge for factory dual rear remotes with a detent feature.

But, since that seems to be only part of the problem you're having, it does sound like you likely need warranty service.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #15  
Could simply be the MSL valve. It controls the three-point. I've had mine replaced twice under warranty. Very simple to get to, as long as you can lift the seat.

I found a parts diagram and Justman777 is probably correct. The metallic stop sound is the crank arm connecting rod hitting the top of the lift piston. For whatever reason the piston is not retracting fully and the crank 'floats' when the lowering angle is set. Most likely MSL valve.
Threepoint, $150-/hr x 3+ hour round trip x 2. This tractor should not have been delivered in this condition as the 3 point never worked. I have 35 hours on the tractor. Numerous failures, loose bolts, and leaks because of the assembly/set up by the shop I purchased from. I'm tired of fixing their problems and I thought my salesman was going to help me out with some of the cost to transport.
Great tractor otherwise.

/ 3 point does not lower.... #17  
I found a parts diagram and Justman777 is probably correct. The metallic stop sound is the crank arm connecting rod hitting the top of the lift piston. For whatever reason the piston is not retracting fully and the crank 'floats' when the lowering angle is set. Most likely MSL valve.
Threepoint, $150-/hr x 3+ hour round trip x 2. This tractor should not have been delivered in this condition as the 3 point never worked. I have 35 hours on the tractor. Numerous failures, loose bolts, and leaks because of the assembly/set up by the shop I purchased from. I'm tired of fixing their problems and I thought my salesman was going to help me out with some of the cost to transport.
Great tractor otherwise.

I had numerous issues on both my Dkse tractors upon delivery as well. Most all problems were dealer assembly issues.

Between the two tractors,
*Crushed hyd steering hoses when loader was installed
*Steering knuckle bolts were loose
*loose loader bolts
*lockwashers on wrong end of fastener

All stateside assembly stuff. This dealer eventually went out of business and a new one opened a year later, 5 miles down the road from the first. They are MUCH better in regards to assembly.

The only issues I had, that was not dealer related, was the MLS valve on one unit. 3 pt bounced like crazy when trying to raise. I removed the MLS valve myself, and through the side of the assembly I could visibly see a check valve needle that was seated sideways in its slot. I popped it and the spring out, seated them properly, though the spring was a little wonky, and all was fine. 3pt worked as advertised. I mentioned this to the dealer, with photos, to see if I could just get a new spring in case the current one failed, and they exchanged the "fixed by me" MLS valve for a whole new one, no more questions asked. ($900 part)

MLS valve spring.jpg

This all happened within the first 5 hours of each tractor. I was far from impressed out the gate. Now, a total of around 1000hrs later, not a single issue, aside from an $8 start relay. All oil samples have come back in excellent condition, both ALWAYS start on the first try, no matter how cold it gets up here in Maine. I'm a big maintenance/tech guy, and like having ALL info I can gather about my equipment, and the more I dug, the more I like the tractor. Very little proprietary crap, Bobcat, McCormick, and Cub Cadet all use similar or same parts, depending on model, so parts are everywhere. PDF Workshop manual is one of the best I have ever seen, and I've read my fair share of equipment manuals.

In my opinion, If Daedong would support their US division better, they would really take a good chunk of the market, and climb up to the likes of Kubota. And as these Kioti tractors age, it will become more and more apparent. But the support needs to be there, and that's where Kubota has it right.

Last edited:
I had my dealer's mobile tech out to work on the 3 pt this week. The conclusion is an internal problem and they will need it haul it at my cost to their shop for covered warranty repair.
After some heated discussion, they agreed that the tractor should not have been delivered this way and will cover the haul and repair under warranty. Yeah!!
I'll let you all know what the problem was when I find out.
Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Patrick

/ 3 point does not lower.... #19  
Thanks for the update! Look forward to hearing the outcome.