3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch jumping

/ 3 point hitch jumping #1  

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
I have a 55 ferguson to 35 and just rebuilt engine. Tractor sat for about 2 years but the 3 point lift keeps jumping when under low lift pressure. Like bush hogging and grader blade. Is there anything I can do to keep it from jumping it is full of fluid. I was thinking it would quit after it ran for awhile but its still doing it. Any ideas would be a great help thanks.

/ 3 point hitch jumping #2  
Check the hyd fluid filter. Any evidence of water in your fluid?

/ 3 point hitch jumping
ok thanks I'll check it thanks.

/ 3 point hitch jumping #4  
If you raise an implement like a bush hog, then turn off the tractor, does it immediately fall to the ground? If so, it is probably the seal on the 3 point lift bypassing and the position control keeps compensating for the drop. I'm not sure that tractor has position control, but the symptoms sure sound like it.

/ 3 point hitch jumping
Yes it drops and drops when I push in clutch it has draft control. When I move draft control it don't do it as bad. Thanks

/ 3 point hitch jumping #6  
Draft control can also do this, depending upon the circumstances.

/ 3 point hitch jumping
OK I,m checking my manual from I&T shop manuals it don,t say much about what it could be just that it could be gummed up or have trash in it. I guess I,ll pull the cover of and check it out thanks for your input I,ll let you know what I find thanks.