3-Point Hitch 3-Point Hitch Question

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #11  
The 2010 has square section arms full length into which slide the solid square shanks holding the lift eyes. When left up the square section can fill with water. This one you dont want to leave outside with the arms up in winter. Freezing will split them.
Otherwise on all my tractors the arms stay up.
larry

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #12  
The only time I do not have something on the back is only when I am dropping off one to hook up another. But out of practice I lower both the 3 point and FEL before shutting down the machine.

Chris

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #13  
I always just left them down, they're out of the way and it seems in that position the lift mechanism is entirely unpressurized?

Must admit that I never thought about it much though...

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #14  
Didn't seem like it really matters to me. I leave mine down as that is where they were when I unhooked the last device. Plus as someone else mentioned that would be the unpressurized state.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #15  
When not in use, I usually carry my 3ph arms about halfway up with a drawbar between them which serves as a sort of fender.

Attachments

• DSCF1484 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1484 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    491.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF1701 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1701 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 141
   / 3-Point Hitch Question #16  
My BIL's old 60hp Massey has a valve block added for his FEL. He must choose between the front or rear so his arms are always down unless he has an implement in use. Yes, they do get hung up in the bush...

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #17  
Personally, I place this in the "silly question" column...

Just how does the OP know that "most people" leave them in the down position?

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #18  
Would I be correct in assuming the tractor Hyd pump will be working to keep the lift arms up? Ken Sweet

/ 3-Point Hitch Question
Personally, I place this in the "silly question" column...

Just how does the OP know that "most people" leave them in the down position?
Hmmm... And just the other day I was telling someone what a nice, knowledgeable and helpful person you were and how much you contribute to this forum. A Silly Question????????