3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift

/ 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift #11  
Don

When I read your post, the first think I thought was that this thing is way way too big for your size tractor. I was really glad to see Mark's post. I'd even be careful pulling 300 lb loads off a 5' high semi with forks mounted on your bucket edge. The load is way out front and those forks tend to swivel. I took mine back to the dealer as I hated them and got real skid ster type forks. This isn't so bad on a larger tractor, but I'll bet your margin for error is very small. If the load ever moves sideways, a tractor that size just won't have the weight to counteract it.
Good luck in your plans. Of course a larger tractor with a set of skidsteer quick attach forks would work fine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Hey I love to spend other people's money.

Andy

/ 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift #12  
I will try to photgraph the fork lift and post it if I can work out how attach the photo!

/ 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift #13  
Attached is a picture from the side, the forks can just be seen folded up resting on the front of my landrover bull bar, as you can see the lifting frame is resting on the ground so that even with the wheels the forks will go to gorund level

Attachments

• 416678-Side View.JPG
    416678-Side View.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 461
   / 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift
That's a lot bigger than mine, with a higher lift, but I get the point.

I was out at my property today, but it was in response to a minor problem, so I didn't leave from my shop, so I didn't have my camera. It took a good part of the day to resolve my problem, so I didn't even take the time to look at my rig. I'll be headed back out there next week; maybe I'll be better prepared.

/ 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift
For the cost of a bigger tractor with a quick attach, I can buy a good, used rough terrain forklift, and have some "jingle in my jeans" left over. I also agree with you about the bucket-mounted forks. That's why I want the rig in the rear, where the tractor is designed to handle the weight, and is most stable.

/ 3 point hydraulic fork/bale lift #16  
HI

finally a view facing rear as though sat on the tractor. I have marked in white the 3pt cat2 connection points. The overall height of the lift is 9' and the forks lift to about 8'. the ram is a double piston to lift it to the height.
I bought it cheaply to convert to cat 1 and use it on my tractor, but due to size and trying to manouevre it around when not connected (as it is top heavy unless connected to the back)have not yet done so. I am thinking of just using the slide carriage and forks and putting these on the 3pt linkage and doing away with the frame, anyway another project for one day or other if i get round to it!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 416690-Rear View.JPG
    416690-Rear View.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 429