3-Point Log Splitters?

/ 3-Point Log Splitters? #21  
I got a 16 ton 220volt electric Ramsplitter. It is quiet and fume free.
I put a 220 outlet on the back of my shop and split everything there where I stage and store all my firewood logs
It's a poor pic but here it is.

Attachments

• split 1.jpg
    split 1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
   / 3-Point Log Splitters? #22  
Good afternoon all:
We recently purchased a New Holland Boomer 50 tractor and, amongst other things, I'm looking to buy a log splitter that will run off the on board hydraulics. Please offer any suggestions y'all would consider helpful.
Thanks!
Will
The main consideration is flow rate available at your remote connectors and one would assume that the flow rate is published for PTO RPMs.

Cycle time of your splitter depends on flow rate of the tractor and volume of the combined connectivity hoses and size of your cylinder. You need cylinder volume to get force to split big logs but cylinder volume requires a high GPM pump. My Ford 3000 was way too slow for a 4"x 24" cylinder with 12' x 1/2" interconnecting hoses. I think it is spec'd at 7 GPM.

So I had an old 16 HP lawn tractor sitting around and adapted it for the pumping job using a 2 stage 16 GPM pump requiring 8 hp to drive the pump...so my lawnmower engine was more than adequate. Couple with that I shortened my hoses to 4' x 1/2". Cycle time was significantly reduced to single digit seconds (in the unloaded mode obviously) and was much more convenient to operate working alone.

/ 3-Point Log Splitters? #23  
Many of friends who started with tractor mounted log splitters have switched to gas powered stand alone models. Horizontal/vertical, using tractor to move wood to splitter and cycle times are some of the reasons. Used dad’s tractor splitter growing up then got my own gas powered. Dad would then borrow the gaser. 30 years old and hopefully good for another 30.

/ 3-Point Log Splitters? #24  
This wood splitter should be able to split
all yer fire wood:

willy

/ 3-Point Log Splitters? #25  
whether you go with a 3ph splitter or a gasoline engine splitter you should check out Split-Fire. One of the best splitters i have ever run and I have run a lot of them like ones that you can use horizontal or vertical etc.... One person posted about getting a splitter that splits both on the forward and return stroke. I own a Split-fire and if you get 3 people operating it you can split so fast it isn't funny. Log Splitters & Wood Chippers | North American Built