3 pt quick hitch

/ 3 pt quick hitch #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
I've been thinking about buying a quick hitch for the 3 pt for quite a while now and it occurred to me today I should just build it. Not sure why I didn't think of that before but considering it will cost me min $350 to buy one, (HF is not an option up here) I should save a decent amount and have another project to do.

Building the frame and hooks is the easy part, especially thanks to bcp for the table he posted with the accurate measurements. Where I'm not so sure is the latching mechanism. I've never actually seen one in person to analyze and none of the dealers around have any in stock for me to look at. I know you flip the lever to unlock it but what happens in behind the latch to make that work? I would prefer it to be auto locking and only have to flip the levers to unlock.

Any insight is appreciated.

/ 3 pt quick hitch #2  
You can look at some patent drawings for ideas. Here are a couple.

https://www.google.com/patents/US3531140

https://www.google.com/patents/US4019753

And here are the standard hitch dimensions. The other one was implement dimensions.

ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg

Bruce

/ 3 pt quick hitch #3  
Will follow with interest. Could I ask a favor of bcp to repost the chart on implement dimensions? I did a search on quick hitch threads, but couldn't find it.

/ 3 pt quick hitch #4  
Will follow with interest. Could I ask a favor of bcp to repost the chart on implement dimensions? I did a search on quick hitch threads, but couldn't find it.

Here it is:

ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg

Bruce

/ 3 pt quick hitch #5  
I had also thought about a quick hitch , HF or other . Also Looked at Pat's easy Hook here on TBN's Store . What I settled on was a Homebuilt version of Pat's easy hitch . Basically the hooks slip on the 3 point arms , attached with pins . Then it is a simple matter to back up under the implement and raise the arms / hooks to engage . Mine is not Auto locking . I put pins through the hooks to hold the implement pins in place .

Actually , Copied from This , But not nearly as nice !!! PRODUCT CATALOG

Likely not nearly as durable either , as my pins through the hooks are smaller and had to replace a couple in the 2+ years I have used it . Steel I already had in the scrap pile , So total cost was a few hours of time , the pins and some .035 flux core wire .

It is not Auto lock or unlock from the tractor seat . But the time it saves in switching implements on hilly terrain is Huge !! Still have to hook up the top link , but that is easy . The Constant trying to align the arms to the implement pins though got to be real old on the terrain I have here .

Fred H.

/ 3 pt quick hitch
Thanks Bruce for the second chart! :thumbsup:

/ 3 pt quick hitch #8  
Previously bought the HF quick hitch... needed adapters because it fits cat 2/3 etc.. returned it.. going to build one... THANKS for the charts..