3 pt rear blade stand?

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
My dad has a bush hog rear blade but it is missing it's stand. Is there a simple one i could buy?

I thought about just buying some galvanized pipe and drill holes into it for a pin but it needs a square bottom so it just don't sink into the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    839.6 KB · Views: 183
   / 3 pt rear blade stand? #2  
I have been using a 5 gallon bucket as a stand for my blade. That works fine but I do have to replace the bucket every few years.

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #3  
Put the whole thing on a skid, I'd think your tractor 3 pt will go low enough to reach the pins, mine does. Also keeps it out of the dirt or frozen to the ground in the winter.

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #6  
I use a tire changing jack from a 1954 Buick , works great.

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #7  
A pallet with strategically placed 4x4 blocks of wood, easily screwed/nailed into place, will provide a great holder for your rake.

I've done this for mine, and the pallet is on castor wheels for manoeuvrability on the concrete slab floor of my shed.

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #8  
This is the OEM stand on my Rhino 950. The blade weighs 1050#. I've found out, from experience, that the 3-point end of the blade is WAY too heavy to lift by hand. The stand is an important feature on my blade. Even though the pipe has a plate on the bottom - I'll set it on a chunk of plywood if the ground is soft.
IMG_0174.JPG

/ 3 pt rear blade stand? #9  
Yup that would work for stand,I used solid piece drill 6 holes 3" apart attach 3"x3" flat steel.

Attachments

• Woods.jpg
    Woods.jpg
    921.2 KB · Views: 155
   / 3 pt rear blade stand?
Dad was always big on not sitting the blade directly on the ground. Is there any real reason not to?