300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners #11  
This spring the replacement for the 4110 will be out (2320). It will split the difference between the 2305 and the 2520.

Merry Christmas

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners #12  
I'm a fairly new 2520 owner. I started looking at the 2210 then decided to wait for the 2305. Ended up with the 2520 mainly so I could use a rotary mower at my father's in place of his Ford 8N. I have the 62d drive on deck and its very easy on and off. Takes a few minutes, as I leave the FEL on, and you need to remove this before you drive over the deck due to the weight. So, you remove the FEL, which is quick, then move to a new spot to remove the deck. This is so you can then back up to the front of the deck and lift it up with the I-Match to move it to the storage location - very slick. I have the ballast box, and use a back blade my father had for his 8N but doesn't use.

I've used it to remove the 5 inch snow we had, and back in the woods to clear some trails, etc. Love the thing and am glad I moved up from the 2305. I think the 2305 is a great machine, and you won't go wrong on whatever you get. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners #13  
Cliff has excellent thoughts. I may be mistaken on this, but I believe Kubota offers a tractor in the "small framed" size with a bit more HP and three ranges to the hydro (B3030???) I think the hydraulic pump flow is similar too. One of the things I really like about the larger JD tractor machines is that they have the three hydro ranges. I never really thought that much about it, but it seems like a good feature. With regard to other things, the JD has the I match, good ergonomics and this new 62" Ramp on mower which seems really nice. I do not think that Kubota or others offer those things. I am a John Deere guy myself, but I still think in this frame size one might want to look at the other offerings. The 2520 reportedly has about 51 lb/feet of torque as compared with the 4115's 47 lb/ft. The 2305 has about 41 lb/ft, but is smaller. To me the big key about which to choose is whether the extra ground clearance of a 2520 would be helpful; whether the extra weight would be helpful, and whether you would have a need for a full Cat 1 not a limited cat 1 hitch. If the answers to any of these is "yes" then 2520, or equivalent. If "no" (which I sense here) then 2305. I still vote with the 2305.

John M

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners #14  
I thought the size of the 2520 was close to my 955 but at 26 1/2 hp it was not a good value in my opinion , now if it had 30hp I would have gone with that instead of the 2305.

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners
Thanks Shawk, I'll have to look into the Onramp deck for the 2305.

As far as the Roof top airconditioner goes, well I tried to talk my Dad into putting the airconditioner off of his Airstream trailer onto the cab of his 317 since he moved from Michigan to Texas but my Mom nixed that in a hurry.

Biggest reason for me for a cab or canopy is protection from the sun because of a couple of the medications I am now on. The sun used to not bother my skin but now it tears me up bad. Just trying to plan for the next 20 - 30 years. I'll probably go with a canopy to start with and if I still have too many problems with sunlight I'll get a cab with tinted glass and have airconditioning put in.

A big thanks to everybody that has contributed so far. Ergonomics and ease of use is paramount for me because of my disabilities that will never get better but may get worse. The blessing is it's not life threatening, just a big inconvenience and pain in the @$$ that can be overcome by learning new ways to do things.

If the 2305 can use the 62d onramp deck and you can move this deck with the iMatch hitch it would be perfect for me with it's reasonable price, low flat platform and very well placed controls. Something I think I could easily operate for another 30 years. I've been looking at a 2305 nearly everyday at the dealership when I do my parts or boxes runs and BS with the salesman.

As for as getting Orange goes...It's not happening. The tractors look nice but I can't stand the dealerships I've been too and neither can my wife. She even said she would rather spend a couple grand more /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif on a John Deere, which shocked me, than buy a Kubota because of the way they ignored us and then wouldn't listen to us when we were asking questions and decided to try high pressure sales tactics to sell us on something we didn't want or need when she was with me tractor shopping. They didn't know I used to sell used cars at a Chevrolet dealer and that stuff doesn't work with me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 300/400 series vs 2305/2520 comparison from owners #16  
Mike... just a followup to my previous post to you. My dealer verified with me and you probably already found this out... the 2305 does not have the on-ramp deck after all. Keep us posted on your decision /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif