Tractor Sizing 3016 vs 3616 vs 4010

/ 3016 vs 3616 vs 4010 #31  
There is another aspect here Pilgrim about the attached back hoe for snow removal. I don't know if you ever confronted this but I know a gentleman somewhere on this forum found it a pain in the backside for having the backhoe on for snow removal. It seemed anytime he put downward pressure on the bucket, the backhoe would kind of "take over" the tractor and wanted to lift the front end up. This caused him the inability to scrape down to that last layer of snow when cleaning his drive. He always clears his property of snow now with the back hoe off.

My old Ferguson didn't have 'down power' on the fel so I couldn't experience that :). But maneuvering with that big hoe on the back was tough and sometimes dangerous around my house and barn.

I left my BH off the Mahindra and have a 6ft blade on the 3pt to help with the snow. It's a lot shorter than a BH but still needs watching when backing and turning.

/ 3016 vs 3616 vs 4010 #32  
There is another aspect here Pilgrim about the attached back hoe for snow removal. I don't know if you ever confronted this but I know a gentleman somewhere on this forum found it a pain in the backside for having the backhoe on for snow removal. It seemed anytime he put downward pressure on the bucket, the backhoe would kind of "take over" the tractor and wanted to lift the front end up. This caused him the inability to scrape down to that last layer of snow when cleaning his drive. He always clears his property of snow now with the back hoe off.
I have a FEL mounted snowplow, and I never leave the backhoe on to plow.
The backhoe is to heavy on the rear for plowing snow. Takes to much weight off the front tires and makes it hard to steer.

/ 3016 vs 3616 vs 4010 #33  
Check out the backhoes for the 16 series as compared to the one for the 4010. Huge difference, and the winner is the 16 series backhoe in my opinion. Not based on specs, but design. The 3720 is a very well sorted out backhoe. The hoe for the 4010 looks like it could substitute for a picnic table. It works well, but sticks way, way out behind the tractor. That compromises stability, gives a poor approach and departure angle, requires a longer trailer, etc. If the backhoe is a part of the package, for me the 4010 is not the way to go. Why don't they mount the 3720 to the 4010? I really do not know, but they do not.

The 4010 itself is a great tractor. No issue on that. I lean toward the Japanese built models with the USA sourced loader/backhoe...which is the 3016/3616. However it is really just a preference with no real objective reason. Dealers have their favorite models and they tend to sell more of those. But that backhoe on the 4010, it's just not my favorite.