32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here?

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #11  
I've never understood this either. Not that it matters ... one mix does all, 40:1. I've never had a problem yet and it's much better than trying to keep 3 different mixes fresh. Even a gallon of mix lasts a long time in a seldom used piece of equipment.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #12  
I use Amsoil (www.amsoil.com) at 80-1. I have also ran it at 100-1 with no problems.
Keeps exhaust port clean, and the plug in all my 2 cycle equipment.
The quality of the oil determines the mix ratio.

Attachments

• 559830-atp_qt_300pxh.jpg
    559830-atp_qt_300pxh.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 171
   / 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #13  
I do the same. I use Amsoil 100:1 pre-mix oil, but mix it at around 80:1 and use it in everything, even my 28HP Simonini racing 2 stroke motor on my flying rig. It calls for 32:1 in the manual and I have over 175 hours on it now and it runs flat out for 2 hours at a time when I am flying.

The same mix runs in my boat and my stihl weed-eater. Never had a problem. I don't have to de-carbon the Simonini near as often as guys running other oils at the recommended mix ratio (by engine manufacturer). I also have never had an engine seizure. Other guys I fly with have.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #14  
When I had multiple machines that required different mixes, I also ran a single Amsoil mix for all of them.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #15  
Jim, you are right about the quality of build for the mix of the oil. The coarser the cut the more oil that is needed.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #16  
It is NOT simply the quality of build that sets the oil mixture. The combination of air intake/oil/gas/compression ratio/tuned exhaust creates a complex mix of variables that equal different power output and different head temperatures. Running a given intake/compression ratio/carb (fuel and air mixture) is an effective way to reduce head temperatures without changing anything mechanically. The engine runs richer and cooler. Side effect of that is less power and more fuel consumption. Decrease oil used and head temperature rises, power increases, fuel consumption decreases and it runs leaner. A good synthetic 2-stroke oil such as the Amsoil 100:1 handles the leaner running without the large temperature increase of other oils. The temp increases are what cause seizure or holes burned in pistons in high performance 2 strokes. A proper 2 stroke engine design will also use the incoming mixture to help cool the engine. The synthetic 2 stroke oils also turn to a mist easier when leaving the jets which aids that cooling process.

So in effect... a good synthetic 2 stroke oil such as Amsoil or Redline will typically yield more power and less fuel consumption with the same temperature or same power and fuel consumption and lower temperature than regular oils. This effect is quite noticeable.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here?
I just ordered two quarts of Amsoil. I guess since most of my new tools are under warranty, chainsaws, leaf blower/vac and trimmer I may as well give it a try and see how that works out. Thanks for the info guys.

/ 32-1, 40-1, 50-1 what the heck is wrong here? #18  
Ive also been told it's NOT the product/engine manufatucre but the OIL & GAS that makes it. one oil mfg recogmends 32 or 40 or50:1 then follow that for all of the engines. at least that is what the profesional guy said who was into oils & lubes for a living...

MarkM