3320/50/70....changing Inline Hydraulic Filter

/ 3320/50/70....changing Inline Hydraulic Filter #1  

bill1369

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Hi All,

Trying to change/clean the inline hydraulic filter on my 3320. (Part of doing full hydraulic change). This is my first time doing on this machine as it is new to me....(but not sure when the last time this was cleaned....2000+ hours).

Manual says remove filter from Lines, then remove nut (H) with internal element from case.

How do I go about doing this? I have taken a wrench to this but nothing is budging. I don't know what direction I should be trying to turn.....don't want to break/bend the lines attached to this. Should I be trying to take off the "nut"....or take off the filter?

Thanks,
BILL

/ 3320/50/70....changing Inline Hydraulic Filter
After reading a couple of threads, I am going to leave this be for now. I appears that some are saying it doesn't need to be cleaned unless steering issue

"Forget about that filter. It should never get dirty unless the pump blows up. It is in there to protect the steering and hydro trans if the pump fails."

"its there to protect the steering valve and E hydro unit. just saying by removing it cleaning it it and reinstalling it you run the risk of introducing dirt/debris into the system or causing a leak, 99.9% of the time the filter is clean as a whistle. I would not touch it unless the steering or hydro were having a problem"

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/167241-hydraulic-filter-question.html

/ 3320/50/70....changing Inline Hydraulic Filter #3  
I have the same problem On my 3203. Can’t get it apart. Manual is vague.

/ 3320/50/70....changing Inline Hydraulic Filter #4  
I have a 3720 and changed mine last change. As I recall it was just the vise and a large wrench to open it, but there was nothing inside as far as chips etc so maybe it's a moot point unless you have a failure.