3540 Price Check

/ 3540 Price Check #1  

JP11

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
I have been pricing out the 3540 Cab and Deere 3520 Cab. I gotta say I'm really impressed with orange. They have several creature comforts that the Deere doesn't come close on. Notably (FOR ME) the seat that swivels, the auto throttle, and the much bigger size of the glass around me to look out.

Excuse me if I state something that's standard.

3540 Cab
Rear work lights
loader
Loaded R4s
Front hydraulics (button control on loader joystick to run power angle snowplow)
Two rear hydraulic remotes.
Skid steer bucket attachment with 72" bucket

and he'll install my radio I provide.

that's before our sales tax. Unit I belive is a 2010. It's got 9 hours on it. He gave it to a customer that had theirs in for warranty work.

JP

/ 3540 Price Check #2  
If you want to get a price got to Barlow's equipment and fill out the tractor builder. Brady will email you a quote and shipping costs. It'll give you a good idea how good your dealer's price is. Barlow's is a great place to deal with but each person needs to answer for themselves is do they like their local dealer and will often use them (even if it's to answer basic questions for free) or do you feel comfortable finding answers from places like here. But you'll at least know how good your price is.

For me the H-DS is the best feature of the HST+. Just today I used it extensively while snow blowing. We got somewhere around 18". I was blowing snow in L gear. Since the snow was just about deep enough to come over the top of the I had the H-DS set to slow yet when I would back up it was way too slow so I would just flick the lever, just as easy as flashing your high beams and it would go to high. IMO all the others will be adding this feature soon.

/ 3540 Price Check #3  
There are 2 loaders for the 3540 and there is a big difference between them.

/ 3540 Price Check
Just from my memory of looking at the tractor.. it's 724 just like your signature line.

JP

/ 3540 Price Check #5  
I started looking at a 3540 cab. The 724 loader is the one to get. The Kubota hydraulics are sweet but expensive, Definitely check with Barlows.

/ 3540 Price Check #6  
I purchased my Grand L3540 HST from Barlows and I couldn't be any happier with the outcome. I still use my local dealer for parts and service questions, but to be honest, I get more value from this forum!!

I didn't get the cab model, but the tractor has exceeded my expectations. I also have the 724 loader with the heavy duty bucket option. Going on 180 hours with most of the time being spent using the FEL for either moving material (dirt, sand, stones, etc) or snow plowing. Again, couldn't be happier!

Good luck,

/ 3540 Price Check #7  
Bought the exact same setup, less work lights and radio install but with 724 loader, 2 rear remotes, front third function, loaded R4s delivered for 2k less than what you were quoted, new.

/ 3540 Price Check
Ok.. so barlow quotes DELIVERED to Maine for just about 2k less. I like my local dealer.. but I don't like him that much..

How do they do it??

JP

/ 3540 Price Check #9  
Sounds like it is configured up pretty nice, the rear remotes and third function valves are extra as is the fluid in the tires. Is it a heavy duty bucket?

/ 3540 Price Check
I didn't double check with barlow on HD bucket.. but it was quick attach. Frankly.. he is so much lower than my dealer (and even 1500 lower than a family friend who has a dealership that's a couple hundred miles away that offered to deliver) I'm left wondering what is left out.

JP