360* Rotating Back Blade Project

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #211  
I am looking at your blade set up look very nice because I want to make my blade
rotate 360 deg.
I see a hydraulic cylinder I wonder how it can rotate 360 deg. with a cylinder ?
My other question is what is the thing that look like a rototiller clutch use for ?
I was wondering if I use an hydraulic motor with chain and sprockets ?
My question is I don't plan to lock it in place do you think it will move ?

Thanks .

Jacques .

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #212  
Hi Jacques, I'm sure Larry will explain it better, but I'll jump in for a second here...
Look on post #171 and you will see that Larry added a slip clutch to prevent damage to the gears in his gear box.
I suppose you can use a chain and sprocket as long as it is very heavy duty...like one of those double or triple link chains. But there is so much torque out at the end of the blade because of the leverage. If the corner were to "snag" something, you would need to be sure it could stand up to that pressure.
Larry uses the hydraulic cylinder to pull his blade from one side (from center straight behind) to the other side to offset the location of his blade, like in his video. I don't believe it is used to rotate the blade. Blade rotation is accomplished by that gear box above the slip clutch.
Hope that helps.

PS Larry
I'm still working (almost every week) out of that electrical box kit you made for me!! Had to "re-fill" a few things that I used up, but it is wonderful still.
Rob-