360* Rotating Back Blade Project

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #191  
Larry, we're still waiting for a movie of smooth rolling dirt on your blade !!!

...at least, I am... you and others on this site have inspired me, and my next project will be a multi angle grader so i'd like to see how well yours works !

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #192  
dullpain said:
Should take a licking , and keep on ticking now...

Having watched the watchmaker-like precision in the build of the gearbox, that seems somehow appropriate. :cool:

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #193  
I considered a gearbox similar to this, to act as a reverser for a B6000 tractor pto, but in the end the owner and I decided that if I paid myself a penny a minute, I would be better off just to spend the money to buy one new instead of making one. That tells you just how long it takes me to set up my projects! Doing it the right way takes even longer.
Excellant work 3RRL,
David from jax
Side note, took me an hour and 30 minutes to read the whole post, look at every picture and make a comment.

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #194  
And to think that some poor folks (like me) still have to get off the seat and manipulate stuff by hand. Positively barbaric!

jb

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project
Renze said:
Larry, we're still waiting for a movie of smooth rolling dirt on your blade !!!

...at least, I am... you and others on this site have inspired me, and my next project will be a multi angle grader so i'd like to see how well yours works !

Renze,

I will do that for you just as soon as I take the chipper off the TPH, then install the mower & mow for the last time this season. After that I will install the blade and get some video of it in action. Maybe this coming weekend.

Your multi angle grader sounds like a challenging project, I look forward to it.

Larry

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project
sandman2234 said:
.......................Side note, took me an hour and 30 minutes to read the whole post, look at every picture and make a comment.

Sandman,

You deserve an endurance award for reading the entire thread from scratch. I guess it must have been interesting or something to keep your attention. What did everyone think of the home made solenoid Other than too bad it didn't work as planned. Any ideas what to do with them now?

Thanks for you interest and posting your comments,

Larry

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #197  
Larry,
Excellent update on your home made solenoid activated locking pin. I was beginning to wonder when you where going to post that part?

Also, thanks to all you guys for complimenting my old school machining. All these tractor mod projects are fun to do for me. Larry comes up with these crazy ideas and then I like helping him. Now, if you've seen his Grapple thread, he's been using a plasma cutter guy. So he's left me off the hook for now.:)

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #198  
Is there a chance that cutting the pin and replacing the extended section with a piece of non magnetic stainless would allow it to work? Or instead of using the pin to drop in the hole, use a fulcrum like a see-saw that kids play on and have it drop the pin in the hole. The cross bar could be non magnetic, and would keep it separate from the blade positioning holes.
David from jax

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #199  
GuglioLS said:

What a cool positioning jig you've got there. Funny, I don't remember seeing one of those in Rob's assortment of stuff.:)

Another really nice tractor gadget add-on.

/ 360* Rotating Back Blade Project #200  
GuglioLS said:
Renze,

I will do that for you just as soon as I take the chipper off the TPH, then install the mower & mow for the last time this season. After that I will install the blade and get some video of it in action. Maybe this coming weekend.

Your multi angle grader sounds like a challenging project, I look forward to it.

Larry

Multi angle grader, i suppose they call it a 6 way blade ? it would do the same as yours (only not 360ー because i dont need it) hydraulic side tilt (to crown a road or cut a ditch) and maybe also blade tilt, to change the angle of the blade with which it peels off the dirt.. but i'm not sure if i'd need this, so thats why i want to see a video ! ;)