3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix

/ 3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix #1  

bcs001

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 Branson 3620H
My 2021 3620H with 125 hours is stuck in A range. Everything was working great and during a routine range change it locked up. Shift lever does not look like it’s in the right position for range A. It looks to be in position C.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
   / 3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix #2  
I believe this is a known issue with the new H pattern range lever on the early models and if I recall correctly there are some upgraded parts to fix the issue. It's all I remember from reading posts about similar issues.

When Asteral sees this thread, I'm sure he will provide more details on this situation.

/ 3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix
I didn't find much when I searched here about problems with the newer 4 range linkage. I traded a few messages with the dealer and he said that its possible the linkage had popped out of position and needed to be "pryed" back into position but from what I could see, it was located correctly between the the forks.

In this photo from a different thread, there is a bolt holding the forks to the transmission shaft.

Is it possible that has slipped out of position?

My linkage appears to be fully engaging both forks so I don't think anything has popped out of position but I'll look close tonight.

Linkage.jpg

Problem resolved. The dealer gave me enough info to figure out that the linkage did indeed get out of alignment. The simple fix was to remove the rubber boot around the shifter and push the outer fork back into alignment with the boss on the shifter. First photo shows the misalignment. The outer fork (right) should have been engaged to the round boss of the shift lever. Somehow it did pop out of position and leave the transmission in range A (outer fork in forward position).

6FAB3899-C379-437B-9A34-3A13F630C89C.jpeg

All I did was push that right fork back to be inline with the round boss (neutral) and problem solved.
0E8A6AC2-0790-4C3B-B09C-41EBBE1E21E2.jpeg

The shifter was locked up because right fork was forward in range A and with it engaged, the left fork could not move out of neutral.

Hope this helps when someone else finds themselves stuck in one of the 4 ranges.

Last edited:
   / 3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix #5  
I don't think the service manual for the newer 20 series is available yet, so it's hard to give any worthwhile advice, but looks like you figure out the issue and got it going again.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will help someone in the future.

/ 3620H Stuck in Range A - Eazy Fix #6  
My 2021 3620H with 125 hours is stuck in A range. Everything was working great and during a routine range change it locked up. Shift lever does not look like it’s in the right position for range A. It looks to be in position C.
Any ideas?

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention and for the great photo documentation. Good job getting it fixed!

After talking about this with the dealer, he told me this can happen in any range and is a result of applying either inward pressure (to ranges C/D) or outward pressure (to ranges A/B) before first fully shifting forward or backward to neutral. The fix is the same, just bring the disengaged fork back to neutral.