3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #1  

MrEvilPirate

Tractor
Mahindra 3650
1. Best place (general question) for filters? My local dealer wants $117 for hydraulic spin on filter, seems insanely high. Can't find a cross reference part but I see some supposed Mahindra OEM parts on fleabay for around 40 bucks.

2. When changing hydraulic spin on filter and cleaning the hydraulic strainer, am I going to dump all of my fluid? I lost a hose a few hours ago and have already replaced it. It is what it is I suppose, but I want to have the fluid on hand if I need it. The user manual doesn't say anything about draining the fluid before changing the filter or cleaning the strainer, you would think that would be the first step... They don't tell you to drain the engine oil before changing that filter either so who knows.

Thanks.

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #2  
I just google the filter/part number and buy it online. Just easier than driving to the dealer. I always keep a new filter on hand do that it’s there when I’m in the mood to do the change.

This is an older thread re: changing the hydraulic filter and oil loss mitigation…..

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #3  
FWIW I use Wix filters for all the special fuel filter on mine. Get them from Amazon, but I'm sure there are other sources with just as good, if not better pricing. The hydro filter is the most expensive one, save for the Bosch Fuel filter on my tractor.

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #4  
"117$ seems insanely high".....you just bought this. You have warranty.....lots of it
- when is the next filter service due after the initial service? 250hrs.. 500hrs more? First service is always eye watering buying warranty approved filters
- is it worth the 25 50 or 75$ saved to buy a non Mahindra filter and maybe void your warranty if you do have trouble later?
My first service did not require me to drop all the transmission fluid. Just change the filter for the tranny/hydraulics. You have a different machine though. If it doesn't specifically say change the transmission oil .....I would just change the filter and top up the oil like I did on the initial service with mine

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #5  
"117$ seems insanely high".....you just bought this. You have warranty.....lots of it
- when is the next filter service due after the initial service? 250hrs.. 500hrs more? First service is always eye watering buying warranty approved filters
- is it worth the 25 50 or 75$ saved to buy a non Mahindra filter and maybe void your warranty if you do have trouble later?
My first service did not require me to drop all the transmission fluid. Just change the filter for the tranny/hydraulics. You have a different machine though. If it doesn't specifically say change the transmission oil .....I would just change the filter and top up the oil like I did on the initial service with mine

I wouldn’t spend $2 to keep a manhindra warranty based on what I’ve seen from stories here.

/ 3650 PST 50 Hour Service Questions #6  
I wouldn’t spend $2 to keep a manhindra warranty based on what I’ve seen from stories here.
And there are many more PO'ed Kubota owners that say the same about Kubota's warranty when the manufacturer will not warranty abuse/negligence. Hope your ego is sufficiently stroked with your childish witticism